CS vert A Pillar interior trim broken clips REPAIR

DawnetteStump

Has anyone ever drilled and used screws to hold their A pillar interior trim in place after the clips break? I have had them glued several times but the summer heat keeps loosening them.

what kind of glue? A good epoxy or similar should hold it just fine. I would avoid screws if it were me, because my luck would be that I'd go through the windshield, or a fuel line, or cause the airbags to deploy :lol:

Some genius used screws on the driver's pillar on my car...looks terrible. I've considered if I ever find another '95 pillar trim, if the tabs are broken, using Velcro.

might not be you guys` thing but over the years when pieces of my trim came off due to whatever I got some adhesive backed Velcro strips and pads that hold everything on there better than anything else. Plus if you ever had to get behind the trim piece its not a permanent bond like glue is. ^ didn't see the post but is seems like I'm not the only one who thought it was a good idea.

Edited by rich_e777

What brand and type of velcro did you use? I have used 3M and it worked for a while but the heat loosend the glue and they wouldn't stay in place.