Opening driver's door won't shut off stereo...

Senor PuffPuff

About 6 months back, I hit a pothole really hard and got so pissed about it that I slammed my door which messed up the switch inside that shuts the stereo off when the door is opened and the ignition is in the off position.

So for the past 6 months, every time I get out of my car I have to turn the key off, lean over and pop the passenger door open to shut off the stereo and headlights, and then get out the driver's side. I'm sure people laugh when they see me doing this, and I would too.

My question is, does anyone know where exactly this switch is, or how I could fix it? I've been trying to find it on google but all the results are either for power window switches or door lock switches, etc. and not actually for this switch that shuts the stereo off.

I want to get it fixed because I re-pulled an old injury in my back doing this a few days ago, and I'm sick of it. Thanks guys!

I'm assuming this is in regards to the Impy in your avatar. IIRC, the switch is part of the door latch in the door itself. I'm not sure if one can fix it per se, but it could be that it may just need an adjustment, or a wire is broke/ cut. Most likely the latch assembly will need to be replaced.