Injector leak...

Senor PuffPuff

Well, I've found yet another issue with my car.

A couple months ago, I redid all the gaskets and o-rings on everything from the LIM up. Changed the UIM to the Dorman re-designed version which supposedly doesn't melt or warp like the stockers.

NOW, my problem is that I'm having a leak from around where the fuel injectors go into the top of the LIM. It's pretty much a constant hiss and although there's no smell of fuel or anything, it doesn't sound good. However, I changed the o-rings on the injectors and cleaned out the spots where the o-rings sit so I don't understand why it would be leaking at all?

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to stop the leak without taking the fuel rail and injectors off? I don't want to take it all apart again if I don't have to. I was thinking of maybe using some of that green putty stuff that Billy Mays used to sell on TV (its like plasticine that turns rock hard) but it might let off some funky fumes when it gets hot, or I might not be able to get it off ever again in case I need to do some more work to the engine.

If you tore the o-rings upon installation(lube them slightly to install) they could be the source of your hissing. If you have a can of brake cleaner or carb cleaner carefully spray around the o-rings, vacuum hoses, intake, etc. w/ the engine running and see if you can narrow down the source of your leak. If it's from an injector o-ring you're typically going to smell the gasoline smell even from a tiny leaky. If you have a vacuum leak from anything in the area you'll hear a change in the engine if you spray near it.