rear sway bar bolt size?

rich_e777

Hi guys heading to the yard for a monte bar and I cannot remember or find the size to the large bolts at the ends of the bar. Also going to pick up a few mounting tabs that usually rust off on cars up north and wanted to know if there are different sizes.

No one? The two large bolts that connect the sway bar ends to the struts. My socket set only goes up to 20 metric and I was thinking it was a 22 or 23 or could be SAE and I don't have the spare cash to go drop on some new sockets right now. Every thing is going into the coil over project.

• 4 months later...

Ok more questions and I didn't want to start a new thread. I got the larger rear sway bar from the 95-96 cannot recall, pretty sure 95, and I was going through some old threads from 2011 about fitting a 1.5g rear bar into a 1g set up. I had planned on using ES replacements for the inners and outers plus the new brackets that come with the outers, and getting the parts listed as a repair kit from autozone for a 95 MC 3.4.

Some questions were about having to swap spindles to 95s-96s, and wanted to know if I have good clearance from the spare tire well? Also interested in anyone having any other issues that have done this swap. Its going on my `94 CS which has only had the auxiliary dampers for the longest time and are looking worse than some I`ve seen at the u pull it yards.

Here's the thread on the knuckle upgrade, no help with the sway bad update though. I don't recall ever seeing a thread about adapting that...

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/46209-Bob-and-Rob-s-Gen-2-Aluminum-Rear-Knuckle-and-Brake-Upgrade-How-To-with-Pics

Have that one saved in my favorites:D BXX or Venom would be two of the guys that would know for sure. I got a badass RTSB from venom, but I doubt BXX will be back to this forum. I pulled the bar out last night and compared the fit as best I could and its the same shape as the one in my dealer manual and bolts up the same.

Worth a shot anyways and I`ve got some more time if I do need to swap knuckles, really don't want to because I don't plan on running coil-overs anytime soon.

oh, if it's the same shape it should fit. Sounded like you were describing the gen2 sway bar with the extension bars that go to the upper part of the strut.

That is a great thread though. Too bad, that whole thing with BXX, does anyone else make the coilover mounts anymore?

oh, if it's the same shape it should fit. Sounded like you were describing the gen2 sway bar with the extension bars that go to the upper part of the strut.

That is a great thread though. Too bad, that whole thing with BXX, does anyone else make the coilover mounts anymore?

I know skitchin made his own and had separate threads for front and back, very good reads. A few others as well. http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/37622-Coilovers-Adj-Mounts-Solid-Cradle-Bushings-UPDATE-3-25-Design-Done!!!!/page3 one from 2008.

Hey since you are here, about leaf spring isolators, is it pucks OR pads -or- pucks AND pads? and did you ever get that cover piece you were asking about awhile ago?

Edited by rich_e777

I'm pretty sure it's pucks And pads. I'm sure I saw a post once about someone who made a tool to lift the leaf spring so you could slide a puck in under the spring (without ever removing the pad).