Power window woes

JTalley

My driver's side window doesn't like to stay on track. I've pulled off the door panel, and the only thing there is one arm with a wheel at the end of it, when I put the window on that it rolls up and down but you have to guide it by hand the whole way. Nothing holds the front of the window so if you let go for just a moment it dips down and slides off into the door. I'm thinking there's a few parts missing. I've never worked on power windows before so I have no clue what I'm doing. Anybody got any advice/pictures of how it's supposed to look?

the front and rear of the glass stay in place with the balck guides glued to the glass. there are tabs on those guides that hold it into the door's track.

option 1 is that track tabs are worn away on the glass. possible, but not always.

option 2 is the track the window slides in is "C" shaped in profile and has widened with age. You can remove the door panel and pinch the track so that it fits tighter to the glass.

could be a bit of both.... but this method has been successful for alleviating the issue.

You should also get some white lithium grease and lubricate the front and rear window tracks, as well as the roller track the window motor's arm moves in.