Cutlass HUD switch

IrvineADL

Hello all, longtime forum reader here. I had some trouble with my HUD switch for my 94 Cutlass Supreme and I was hoping someone could help. The "HUD CONTROL" switch has broke, and the up and down adjust has stopped working. Has anyone else had this problem? I assume the mechanism is shot, so I am looking for a replacement part. Would anyone be willing to sell me this part? I desperately need it. A HUD is essentially useless without being able to adjust it, you know?

Yeah the HUD will not adjust when the adjuster brakes. It's a little plastic piece that breaks. I recently "fixed" mine till I find a working one.

I adjusted the HUD from the back of the mech and then cut a screw to the length I needed so it was held in place. Then just put a peice of tape around it. I can't adjust it, but at least I can see the HUD.

null_zps30345715.jpg

On the CS this breaks near the adjuster. I have had three CS adjusters break in this same spot. If I had another good one I'd just swap it in instead of just jury rigging it up. GP Huds are also cable driven, so they make break in the same spot. I am not 100 percent sure on that as I have never had the HUD in the GP break.

Thanks everyone, I have the wire hanging out of the dash if the HUD needs to be adjusted. Apparently you can buy the HUD switch online, but its 170 bucks and at that price it better be coated in gold with diamonds infused and delivered by a white glove wearing butler. This is what I hate about GM cars, for the most part the engines and transmissions are great but the interior parts either fall off or break or disintegrate or whatever. How often have any of you come across Cutlass HUD's in a junkyard?