Door speakers confirm

redgrandprix

i found some threads just wanting to confirm before i go crazy, to wire properly i need to splice the yellow ignition wire to the pink amp wire in order to get power to the amp that powers the door speakers? at least i'm pretty sure that is what these threads are saying

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/29605-Stereo-wire-colors-For-those-of-you-who-cut-off-your-plugs

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/53582-Door-speakers-don-t-work-with-aftermarket-HU

is there some sort of shrink wrap or clamp tube thing i could use to connect these wires? And i am supposed to splice together before the factory clip? there are 2 different yellow wires, one in a small plug in and one in the larger plug in.

that would be- heat shrink butt connector. or one of the blue or red -butt splice- however you want to do it, spend a little extra for a good crimper.

• 2 weeks later...

I started transferring the wires from my one pioneer deck harness to my new JVC deck harness. they look the same, but they are not.

as you can see I have a aftermarket adapter plug I installed myself a few years ago, but I never used the remote wire to power the doors, but I am fixing that now. thanks for the inspiration.

001_zps7494463f.jpg

...looks like I had to slash out some of the back plastic to get the long ass pioneer deck in there. forgot about that.

002_zps6d8ad793.jpg

so I am starting to get the wires transferred and I still want to use the amp wire for my sub amp, so I will just branch it off. check this out:

008_zps0c5043b0.jpg

007_zps7d385487.jpg

009_zps49b45089.jpg

010_zpsbae200ff.jpg

011_zps3b58b891.jpg

I just have to finish it up and I will get more pics. like transfer the rest of the wires to the jvc deck. my amp remote wire has that blade style connector and thats why I used that end.

005_zps25b50ca2.jpg

I tested the wire and it turned on the speakers in the door. once I get it all the way done I will plug it in and we can see the wire colors in the GM sockets. I think it was pink. anyway those aftermarket adapter things have the wires the right color * blue remote * ;matched up right. so if you use one of those you will be ok

004_zps8e928c30.jpg

006_zpsc3ad5bdb.jpg

seriously? :think: how much is it worth? It has F, R, sub rca's, on board cd, aux input for mp3's, blue display only.

but it's 2006 compliant! :lol:

here's the last 2 for now;

018_zps18f9478b.jpg

019_zpsf51b00f8.jpg

completed door speaker compliant harness.

if any issues using the stock amp come up- that is yet to be seen. this is just a test

Edited by Garrett Powered

seriously? :think: how much is it worth? It has F, R, sub rca's, on board cd, aux input for mp3's, blue display only.

but it's 2006 compliant! :lol:

What model is it? I just wasn't really in the market, but I love pioneer, and have been strongly thinking about ditching my dvd HU

did you cut off your plugs? or anyone cut off them?

no cutting has been done all i have done was get the scosche adapter and hooked all the wires up.

Trade for a DVD Hu? :lol: I might be interested though, that's a nice deck.

If you want it make me an offer. or anyone else before I let it go for $75. you would have to pay shipping too because I got someone local who will take it otherwise. and that will happen tomorrow probably.

no cutting has been done all i have done was get the scosche adapter and hooked all the wires up.

should work then if you hooked up the blue remote wire on your scosche to your aftermarket stereo. that's all I did and I have been driving the red tgp around with 6 speaker sound the last couple days. well, 7 speaker (subwoofer) sound.

ok, they are working, i guess when i hooked up the blue wire i figured it was just to power the antennae so i didn't check to see if sound was coming out of the doors :dunce: