Recent accident...repair S10 or buy a new W?

Go4DaMo

Just got rear-ended and have over 2 grand in damage to the back of my pickup. Could repair the truck (100,000 miles, clean, reliable) and be done w it...or I could take the check, sell the truck as-is for $2500 and buy a sweet W-body...what do ya think? I'd probably want a Getrag, so I'm sure the reliability factor would drop significantly when compared to my S10...that's my main concern...

Either that, or take the money, sell the S10, and get something made in the last Decade. If nothing catches your eye, repair it, and keep going!

Do you need a truck? Do you like having the functionality of a truck? S10 were reliable trucks. I have nearly bought one several times. I would fix it and run it if it were me. Pics of damage?

How bad is the damage? I'd say fix it and keep driving her if she's reliable for you. Wanting a Getrag W probably won't hold a candle to the S10. I miss mine!

Take money, sell truck, buy 5 speed Outback, use it like a truck. :lol:.

Other than that, if the truck is really clean and runs really well, I'd probably fix it depending on how badly it is damaged.

Considering that it's a truck, you could easily just swap the bed on it, ASSUMING that you have no frame damage. It's worth a shot. Beds aren't that expensive at a bone yard

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I need a truck or a vehicle that can pull a small trailer. It's an L4 truck, so even though a 1999 seems old, it's VERY reliable...I've decided to repair the truck! Itchin to put my Getrag 284 in my Z34, but I have little idea what I'm getting into. Time to review Nunzi's swap threads (if he has any)... : 0

Thank you all for your input...and RICE? HECK no.