New member.

yetilikesbeer

Yeah. 1973 with the fugly front end. The floor pans rusted through, it's got some trees growing through it now. I use it as mouse bait to keep them out of my LQ9 leather seats in the GTP.

Wasn't worth much after my buddy blew the 96k mile original goldtop 350 out of it!! I did put an early 80's olds rocket in it for awhile but I blew that one. My other friends uncle owned the local tire shop, we would mount balance and roast off the take-offs with that car. At one point both wheel wells were completely coated with rubber (one wheel peel, burn one tire off in 1st then other in reverse lol).

I got tired of fixing the grills and the fiberglass signal light pieces.

Some guy wanted awhile back, but I told him I would only trade not sell. Probably let it go next time someone wants it. Another couple of years and it will be scrap at this rate.

• 5 weeks later...

Well the tranny lasted just over 4000 kms (on the white MC), it cooked a week and a half ago on my way home from work. About every second time you stopped I would have to rev it to 5000 rpm to get the tranny to engage a gear, then would run normally until the next time you stopped. Figured I should change it. I knew it was getting bad and started pulling the green car apart a few weeks ago.

I did find a promising sticker when I took the other car apart. And check out the oil pan on the parts car engine after I blew the motor testing the tranny.

post-8402-143689164296_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689164309_thumb.jpg

All together there are 4 spots that the pan is pushed out. Looks like the block isn't crack but I haven't pulled the pan, that will be interesting.

The hang up during the swap was the heater return tube along the pass side uni-body. We bit rusty and the parts car had been replaced with household 3/4" pipe? and chuncks of hose.

post-8402-143689164338_thumb.jpg

I cut the tube where the rust started about 3" away from the 90 at the firewall and ran 5/8" heater hose from there to the connection on the pump. I also replaced the high pressure powersteering hose while i was in there due to a pin hole leak.

The car now runs like new and the fuel milage is better.

Also, here is the cradle I made to roll the subframes out from under the car. Just use a floor jack on the front and lift the car and you roll it out.

post-8402-14368916435_thumb.jpg

Edited by yetilikesbeer