Top Posters In This Topic

• KarenL2888

• 94 olds vert

• Leadfoot

• j_mezz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

thoughts about the black pin line paint in the lower panel groove? I think it makes a statement since Im not replacing those thin ugly door trim strips. Still debating a pin stripe along the top edge

Not feeling the pinstripe things...

I would however pull the tail lamps off and polish the hell out of the clear section so its not so yellow.

That's beautiful, Thank God there are people that actually care for these fantastic cars. You're gonna love tootling around in that. Get ready for all the admiring stares. My car goes into the shop on the 24th to get a new top.

Kaye

Car is looking great! Did you have the wheels redone also? IM not feeling the black stripes in I would just put the stock strip back on if it was mine. The black just looks out of place.

He painted the paint sections and chrome refinished the rest. These wheels originally came with every other section painted and every other section chromed.

I like the black stripes in the lower trim, but I would not do another pin stripe up higher. Too many lines will make it look too busy. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the car with the top finished. Looking at the pictures of your freshly painted car makes me feel sad about the dings and scratches in my paint.

I am getting used to them...they are very subtle. Probably due to the groove design. The closeups may make them more overwhelming than they actually are. I am agreeing on the striping. Orignally she had striping but it was along the top of that molding and wrapped the bumper too. The stripe was maroon. I will leave it off.

Edited by KarenL2888

• 3 weeks later...

It looks terrific! Interior too!!

one note, that Oldsmobile script on the hood is in the wrong place...might want them to remove it\re-position it while they still have it (if You want). I have measurements handy if you need them (about to put these on my car).

edit - actually, i'll just put them ==> here

Edited by j_mezz