Damaged EGR connection lead.

yorxs

The coupler on my EGR electrical lead is damaged to the point to where it won't stay connected. Anyone know where the other end goes to?

I can solder a new connector onto the EGR side, but the other end goes down between the engine and the firewall and is too short to work on. I would like to disconnect the other lead so I can mend it but not sure where it is going.

the EGR connector is permanently attached to the harness, there is no quick disconnect deeper in the harness.... you may end up having to pull the entire engine harness to replace the connector, i've done it a few times, expect to kill the MAP sensor connector though, that one is always very brittle.

OK, on closer inspection the wire is not from the EGR, it was just in the EGR wire loom. It is actually is from the oxygen sensor. At first I was excited becuase I could just replace the sensor but it is on top of the exhaust where it is not humanly possible to get to without removing the exhaust.

Its amazing to me that this would be so hard to get to since these things seem to carbon up every 6 or 7 years? Any advice on a simple method?

with a LQ1, remove the plenum, makes the job 100X easier. you'll need to buy a plenum gasket, but it's easily worth the trouble. if that alone won't do it, you can unbolt the dogbone mount and rotate the engine forward slightly for a little more room.