transmission is going bad what would you do with my cutlass vert?

thelegend32

ok so my trans is on its last leg. The engine is a 3.1 in a 92 cutlass vert. It will only pull out from a stop if i manually put it in 1st gear and shift it. So would you 1) buy a junkyard trans? Best i found was 88,000 mile trans for 350.00. Or would you l67 swap motor and trans into the vert? I found a l67 motor for 400.00 and 107,000 miles on it. Or would you put a 3400 in it and just buy the trans for 350.00 i said about. Or another option is put a cam in the 3.1 and replace the trans. I am geussing thats the easiest. The very is heavy and slow lol. I also own a fully restored 73 trans am with a 455 so the cutlass dont have to be real fast just need about another 20 horse to the wheels. I mean shit i got beat by a sunfire convertinle with a 2.2!!!!!! sorry for sounding like i cant make up. But i cant and want your guys input.

I've got a 93 Lumina with a popped trans; so I'm in the same situation.

My plan is to ignore it until Summer, and make a decision then. I'm kinda thinking that I'll throw a rebuild kit into the existing trans, but a functional junkyard unit is always a possibility.

You have dropped the pan to verify that the filter isn't plugged...right?

Do you want to keep the car and don't mind to sink a lot of money and time into it? If so, then L67 swap.

If you have no emotional attachment to it and don't plan to keep it very long, I'd just put the JY tranny in it and be done.