HELP: Replacement "Wiper Ramp" for base of windshield

Doug Goodwrench

Ok, you know the metal/rubber plate that the windshield wipers park on? The one that the rubber shrivels up and causes the wipers to have issues parking on the "ramp"?

Number 8 in the picture: (not 25) (Yea, my VIN shows, but it does not matter to me, no one wants a 4-door Olds anyways)

WiperParts.png

I have been scouring the internet to try to find one but have had no luck.

I was able to get a part number: PN: 10122028... but no one has them in stock. I mean these are "old" cars by todays standards, but are reliable as heck and easy to fix.

Does anyone here know where to get one besides a junk yard? I did get one from a junk yard and within a year the rubber distorted again and that was with treating it with conditioners.

Or perhaps someone has a source for the rubber?

I see tons of the Gen 1 W-Bodys running around and some have the same issue and some do not.

Any weatherstrip companies come to mind?

@mchill07

The exploded view was from these guys: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/AboutUs.aspx

@GOT2B GM

I used to work at a dealership ... it was so cool to have access to all that jazz.

Personally, I think they should make it public so that we can all find our own parts without having to bug the parts guys with having to look it up for us. We just call to double check PN and order.

• 2 weeks later...

I have that, it's called GM EPC. Don't remember where I found it though. I tried searching Piratebay and torrentz.com and couldn't find it, but I was sure that's where I found it 3yrs ago.

I have it installed on an XP VM, I don't remember if it doesn't install in Win7 or if I just didn't want it running all the time (since it installs a web server, it runs all the time). I don't know if I have the original ISO any more though, it might not have survived the great Seagate crash last year.