1990 Lumina Euro - What Size are my Sway Bar Bushings? - RPO: FE1, F41

90V6RedHotLuminaEuro

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

I need to replace my sway bar bushings. I need to know what size the sway bar is. From what I've read so far, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is an Inner and an Outer, for each side. Here are the codes associated with my sway bar:

F41 SUSPENSION,FIRM RIDE HANDLING,FRONT AND REAR FIRM RIDE & HANDLING SUSP(F41) 35,167

Any assistance will be Greatly Appreciated.

John V. Brennan

Edited by 90V6RedHotLuminaEuro

Thank You for your response. I hope you're having a pleasant day.

First off... I can't even imagine why you would think Crawling around under a car measuring things is faster than asking a question online... my Netbook is at my side 24/7... I'm an excellent typist, with a quick link to this board... my Quick Short Little post didn't take me 60 seconds... so your ridiculous suggestion is NOT "Way faster than asking on-line".

Second: I just had Major Back Surgery... 9 Hours Worth... 2 TLIF's and 1 XLIF... I now have Six (6) Titanium Rods and Eight (8) Titanium Screws... and 3 Fusions... and spend most of my time working on my computer... I used to have FUN crawling in, on, and around my car... but I no longer can, due to the risk of damaging my still mushy fusions... and/or developing Adjacent Level Disc Disorder... also... I can't do it in front of my home, because I don't have a paved driveway, gravel, or a garage... what I do have is a mud pit... which means I'd have to drive the car elsewhere... except I'm not allowed to drive just yet because I'm still torqued up on Pain Meds... which means I'd have to get someone to do it for me... which includes calling around to do just that... I have no family nearby, no neighbors to annoy... and my girlfriend certainly is not going to want to "CRAWL" around under my car, even if it was parked dead center of the ultra clean White House dining room...

So... asking a simple question of Highly Knowledgeable and often Very Helpful individuals for Assistance... which takes about a minute... is certainly, without doubt, the FASTEST WAY to go... dontcha' think?

Why don't you stop assuming things, wasting people's time with useless, non-productive, obnoxious responses that don't Help anybody... why even bother... are you trying to teach someone a lesson about how to use a forum?!?!... and who made you the forum God...

Instead... why don't you share some of your expertise, Try Harder to be Kind and Helpful... not only will it be a Positive, Impressive, and a Deeply Appreciated Response... it's just good, good, good, Karma, all the way around.

Have an Awesome Day!

At Your Service,

John V. Brennan

Is this real life??

It can have both. Find your build sheet and check the RPO code or measure them. And if you're asking for the size because you just had back surgery and cant get under the car to measure then how are you going to go about replacing them? Or are you taking it to a mechanic? If so then let him worry about it. Or buy them all and return what you dont use.

Hopefully this is a good enough answer

• Like 1

Thank You for your response. I hope you're having a pleasant day.

First off... I can't even imagine why you would think Crawling around under a car measuring things is faster than asking a question online... my Netbook is at my side 24/7... I'm an excellent typist, with a quick link to this board... my Quick Short Little post didn't take me 60 seconds... so your ridiculous suggestion is NOT "Way faster than asking on-line".

Second: I just had Major Back Surgery... 9 Hours Worth... 2 TLIF's and 1 XLIF... I now have Six (6) Titanium Rods and Eight (8) Titanium Screws... and 3 Fusions... and spend most of my time working on my computer... I used to have FUN crawling in, on, and around my car... but I no longer can, due to the risk of damaging my still mushy fusions... and/or developing Adjacent Level Disc Disorder... also... I can't do it in front of my home, because I don't have a paved driveway, gravel, or a garage... what I do have is a mud pit... which means I'd have to drive the car elsewhere... except I'm not allowed to drive just yet because I'm still torqued up on Pain Meds... which means I'd have to get someone to do it for me... which includes calling around to do just that... I have no family nearby, no neighbors to annoy... and my girlfriend certainly is not going to want to "CRAWL" around under my car, even if it was parked dead center of the ultra clean White House dining room...

So... asking a simple question of Highly Knowledgeable and often Very Helpful individuals for Assistance... which takes about a minute... is certainly, without doubt, the FASTEST WAY to go... dontcha' think?

Why don't you stop assuming things, wasting people's time with useless, non-productive, obnoxious responses that don't Help anybody... why even bother... are you trying to teach someone a lesson about how to use a forum?!?!... and who made you the forum God...

Instead... why don't you share some of your expertise, Try Harder to be Kind and Helpful... not only will it be a Positive, Impressive, and a Deeply Appreciated Response... it's just good, good, good, Karma, all the way around.

Have an Awesome Day!

At Your Service,

John V. Brennan

Not trying to take sides or anything, but you could have just said "Thanks for the links!" :thumbsup:

Is this real life??

It can have both. Find your build sheet and check the RPO code or measure them. And if you're asking for the size because you just had back surgery and cant get under the car to measure then how are you going to go about replacing them? Or are you taking it to a mechanic? If so then let him worry about it. Or buy them all and return what you dont use.

Hopefully this is a good enough answer

Thank You Very Much for your response... yes... unfortunately, it is "real life"... did I mention I'll be having a large yard sale this Spring, with the emphasis being a "Big Sale on Automotive Mechanics Tools"...

...these are the codes I got from CompNine, but they don't reference any specific sizes... I looked through the sheet I got, regarding suspension components and this is all I got... I also have a Haynes manual which doesn't have any specific information either.

F41 SUSPENSION,FIRM RIDE HANDLING,FRONT AND REAR FIRM RIDE & HANDLING SUSP(F41) 35,167

FE1 SUSPENSION SYSTEM,SOFT RIDE(USED WITH SPRING SPECIAL PKG YP9) SOFT RIDE SUSP(FE1) 10,616

I searched the Forum for "FE1" but found nothing... several references to FE3 but not FE1... nor F41...

Last Autumn (2012), my wife brought the car in for inspection. It Failed... due the rear brakes were all but gone, along with a bad parking break cable, a lower ball joint was bad, a tie rod end was bad, and a cradle bushing was bad. Two Shops... Kost & Monro, wanted a Fortune to do all the work. We did want the car driveable, so she could have it as a spare, as she has to drive quite a way to get to work. Being that I was incapacitated, we decided, for not having the money (I lost my job of course, that previous January... couldn't walk no more, Zero income) that we would let it sit... and I would collect the parts necessary for all the work, hunting for the best deals online... and then in the Spring (now) finding a shop or mechanic to do the work. I have collected most all of the parts at the most unbelievable awesome prices and deals. Last but not least, I need to get the Sway Bar Bushings.

Next, I'd like to get the telephone numbers of at least three mechanics that maybe work out of their homes, to get estimates from. Whoever does the work on my car, will have the convenience of already having MY parts to work with... and I won't have to pay someone else's ridiculous parts prices. So with a Trunk full of parts, 3 telephone numbers, and a Dream... soon the car will be somewhat mechanically sound...

...the engine is awesome... I did a lot of work to bring it back to life before I myself fell apart, and replaced all the mounts as well... I also did some suspension work... struts all around, rear spring helpers... front brake lines... I may not be allowed to do the work anymore... but I do have the time, knowledge and experience to plan and prepare (as I'm doing now), obtain the parts and supplies at dirt cheap prices, along with hiring a mechanic who will do the work reliably and for reasonable rates... Kost charges $89 Hr. Labor!!! ...I can't even afford to get my tires kicked in that place.

If necessary, I will wait and when I get a mechanic, I'll ask him to get the specs for me, and then while he's doing all the other work, I'll find and purchase what's needed for the Sway job. I just thought that if there's a W-body Guru out there with the info... why not ask?

Enjoy Your Day All... Hope Your Weather is Acceptable... and Spring-like,

John V. B.

• 2 weeks later...

While looking for the correct sway bar size for my 1990 chevy Lumina Euro Coupe V6/3.1 with the "F41 SUSPENSION,FIRM RIDE HANDLING,FRONT AND REAR FIRM RIDE & HANDLING SUSP(F41)"...here is some of the information I dug up...

Sway Bar Parts Info I dug up from various parts sources

SWAY BAR BUSHINGS PARTS & NUMBERS & SIZES

MOOG (Sold in Pairs unless otherwise indicated)

24mm Part#: MOK6641 Fits: To Control Arm.

1" Fits Part#: MOK6451 Fits 1 in. diameter sway bars without tabs on mounting clamp.

1 1/8" Part#: MOK6453 Fits 1-1/8 in. (28 mm) diameter sway bars without tabs on mounting clamp.

1 1/4" Part#: MOK6455 Fits 1-1/4 in. (31 mm) diameter sway bars without tabs on mounting clamp.

1 5/16" Part#: MOK6457 Fits 1-5/16 in. (33 mm) diameter sway bars without tabs on mounting clamp.

1 7/16" Part#: MOK6459 Fits 1-7/16 in. diameter sway bars without tabs on mounting clamp.

Rear 11 mm or 12 mm Part#: MOK200133 Fits: To Strut, With 11 mm Or 12 mm Bar. (SOLD INDIVIDUALLY)

MEVOTECH

Mevotech Part#: MEMK6453 or MK6453 Fits: With 28 mm. (1 1/8 in.) Bar.

Mevotech Part#: MEMK6455 or MK6455 With 31 mm. (1 1/4 in.) Bar

Mevotech Part#: MEMK6457 or MK6457 Fits: With 33 mm. (1 5/16 in.) Bar, To Frame.

AC DELCO

Part#: AC45G0540 (aka Moog k5248) Fits stabilizer bars with 1 3/16 (1.19 mm) diameter. Fits: To Frame.

Part#: AC45G0649 Fits stabilizer bars with 1-1/16 in. diameter. Fits: Car, Knob On Bottom, To Frame. (Image Shows w/bracket)

Part#: AC45G0648 Fits: Car, To Frame. (SOLD INDIVIDUALLY)

Part # AC45G0654 (aka Moog K6451) - Sway Bar Frame Bushing Kit with 1" BAR

(Front/Rear Not Indicated)Part#: AC45G0652 Fits: Car, Knob On Bottom, To Frame. (SOLD INDIVIDUALLY)

AUTO EXTRA / CHASSIS RITE

Part # AXK6457 {#RK6457} Front; w/ 33mm (1 5/16") Bar; To Frame

[TABLE=class: parts, width: 754]

[/TABLE]

Energy Suspension greaseable poly sway bar bushings (when using 34 mm front sway bar) - 9.5160G and 9.5167G

Edited by 90V6RedHotLuminaEuro