'93 Lumina Front Rotor Removal

7dark

Hello all! I had a quick question if anyone has the time. I have no idea what size the torx bolts I need to remove the holding bracket for the front rotors on my 93 lumina base are. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the nearest store that would stock the drivers I would need to remove it so I have decided to just order it online. I am assuming it is a T55 but I wanted to be sure before I ordered it. Thank you very much for any help :D

If those bracket bolts have not been moved in some time be prepared to find them *one with the bracket/knuckle*, they do seize up, and seize up good.

Heat may be required, and get a GOOD quality Torx socket.

If those bracket bolts have not been moved in some time be prepared to find them *one with the bracket/knuckle*, they do seize up, and seize up good.

Heat may be required, and get a GOOD quality Torx socket.

"Good" quality may not be "good enough". I bought Snap-On Torx socket; and I'm on the second torx bit. Cheap tools WILL NOT be strong enough. The bolt is not seized to the caliper--the spacer built-onto the bolt is what seizes.

The fastener is a T-60 torx-head bolt with a non-removable spacer. The spacer will be SEIZED to the bolt. Every time I take them apart, the torx-head bolt is very difficult to remove, and after it does come out, I have to heat the spacer with a torch to get it to spin freely on the bolt.

I have lubed the bolt/spacer assembly with various products--JB80, anti seize compound, and moly-based grease. Nothing seems to work long-term. The next time I take it apart, the spacer is seized to the bolt--again.

Replacement bolt/spacer assemblies are readily available in the aftermarket; prices vary but expect something like seven bucks each. Won't matter, I bet they seize just like the OEM fastener.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=NDP6751244_0390047920

NAPA P/N NOE 6751244

1478309.jpg

be prepared with a breaker bar and a metal pipe to slip over the end for even more leverage.

soak those bolts the day before in some kind of penetrating oil.

make sure there are no kids around, you'll likely be swearing alot. :lol: