Wheel adapter bolt pattern help?

67eleanorgt500

Alright, I'm shopping for some new aftermarket rims for my 94' Olds Cutlass Supreme. I'm not interested or like anything Discount Tire has so I'm looking at rims online. I want something you don't see everyday and that's not common on everybody's vehicle. TSW's to be exact. The rims they have don't match my OEM bolt pattern 5x115 size, so I need to get a wheel adapter with the correct bolt pattern. The bolt patterns they offer are: 5x100, 5x112, 5x114, 5x120. Which one would be the correct size and closet to 5x115 for my car? What depth of the wheel adapter should I go with? 1" is way too thick? I'm thinking 0.25" will be sufficient?

Wheel hub Specs:

Lug: 5 lug

Bolt pattern - 5x115

Stud Size - 12x1.5

Hub Bore - 70.3

Edited by 67eleanorgt500

114.3 will fit on the car, you just need to make sure they stay torqued after the first hundred miles or so. I have some thin plate spacers on my GTP with no issues, and ran some on my cutty as well when I had it. Do you need the adapter for space, or for bolt pattern?

114.3 will fit on the car, you just need to make sure they stay torqued after the first hundred miles or so. I have some thin plate spacers on my GTP with no issues, and ran some on my cutty as well when I had it. Do you need the adapter for space, or for bolt pattern?

I need the adapter for bolt pattern.

an adapter is also going to be a spacer, or you can run a plate style spacer which will use your current studs. Like I said, 114.3 wheels will fit just fine. I've ran 3 or 4 sets on Ws and never had an issue.

Sounds like you might need to do some research on wheels and the various measurements, the answers posted above should tell you about what you need to know

first-spoon-feedMVT.jpg

I know. I was asking for suggestions and advice because I figured more than a few olds cutlass supreme owners have swapped their oem rims for aftermarket ones.

I did notice that they seem to be missing that info on their site. And I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude earlier, thought it was a funny pic and couldn't resist

I thought it was kind of annoying the small amount of info they give on their site, so I googleds a bit and did find some more info. Assuming you're going 17x8...

17x8.0 PCD 5x114.3 (5x4.5) ET 40, 6.1"BS

So they are in fact 5x114.3(website says 114, O.C.D. twitch), ET(offset) 40 w/ a 6.1" backspacing

Sauce: http://www.rimsntires.com/wheel.jsp?brand=TSW&model=Carthage

an adapter is also going to be a spacer, or you can run a plate style spacer which will use your current studs. Like I said, 114.3 wheels will fit just fine. I've ran 3 or 4 sets on Ws and never had an issue.

Alright thanks.

I did notice that they seem to be missing that info on their site. And I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude earlier, thought it was a funny pic and couldn't resist

I thought it was kind of annoying the small amount of info they give on their site, so I googleds a bit and did find some more info. Assuming you're going 17x8...

17x8.0 PCD 5x114.3 (5x4.5) ET 40, 6.1"BS

So they are in fact 5x114.3(website says 114, O.C.D. twitch), ET(offset) 40 w/ a 6.1" backspacing

Sauce: http://www.rimsntires.com/wheel.jsp?brand=TSW&model=Carthage

Thanks for the info. Yes, I am going with 17's.

I didn't even catch that. Didn't even notice you were being rude. I actually thought the picture was part of your signature. Im on my ipod touch so things look a little different.

What type of finish for the rims looks good on a white car with black top?

A. Chrome

B. Black

C. Matte Black

D. Black w/Chrome Stainless Lip

E. Gloss Black w/Mirror Cut Lip

F. Hyper Silver

G. Hyper Silver w/Mirror Cut Lip

H. Silver w/Mirror Cut Face

I. Silver w/Machine Face & Chrome

J. Gunmetal

K. Gunmetal w/Mirror Cut Lip

That second black one w/ the mirror lip on the link would look badass:thumbsup:

Are you talking about this one Black w chrome stainless lip?