Swaybar bushings for 95 GP FE3

mchill07

Trying to determine what size bushings I need for my swaybar, it's difficult to measure the diameter, But I believe it's 1"-1/8" Diameter. Does anybody know for sure what size. I've verified that I do indeed have FE3 suspension, With standard 3100 V6.

you should have a 34mm front swaybar

Energy Suspension greasable poly sway bar bushings (when using 34mm front sway bar) - 9.5160G and 9.5167G

mchill07, which are the "correct" bushings, the 5159 (23mm) or the 5160 (24mm)? I see both part numbers in the thread above, sorry if I'm misunderstanding something. I've also got a 95 FE3, so I would be appreciative of any information you can post about how the process went. Are you also doing the rear bar bushings, or just buying the bigger Addco 474 bar?

I got the Energy Suspension greasable poly bushings, but ran into a little problem right away. One of the 13mm bolts for the outer bushing bracket was rusted to the control arm, and since it's right underneath the boot (see picture) I couldn't get a socket on it. My 12-point box wrench started stripping the bolt head when I put a cheater bar on it, so I stopped for the night, leaving it to soak in WD-40. Any suggestions? I'm going to get a 6-point box wrench, I've heard that might grip the bolt head better. I've never used PB Blaster, would that work better? I don't have a torch for heating it. I'm probably just an idiot and am doing it wrong, but hey I don't mind a couple "ur doin it rong" responses :)

post-4576-143689125066_thumb.jpg

WD40 probably isn't going to do much of anything, PB will be far better. If the bolt is already rounded off from a 12-point, a 6-point may still not be able to get a decent grip on it. You may need a bolt extractor like this:

bolt-extractors-802.jpg

Hopefully there's enough clearance in there for one... This is an Irwin, they are pretty cheap from Lowes or Home Depot. There are better brands too.