what should I do with my Grand Prix?

no1kicker

I have a clean 2001 GTP with 115k, black on black 2dr, with all options. I got a newer car and demodded, and now the car is a rolling chassis. It is rust free also. So far it has only taken up space in the garage and I want to get rid of it and get a new project. So before I do anything, I figured I would at least get some opinions.

1. Try to sell the car as-is, what's it worth?

2. Put another drivetrain and sell it running. I could get a lower mileage engine and trans for about $900.

3. Part it out. I'm leaning against this but have to consider it.

I will probably go with option #2, but I figured I would ask the question anyways. Selling the car running is probably easier and would yield the most money. Although I think if someone offered me $500 for the car as-is I would take it. I just don't know if there would be any interest in a non-running GTP. Craigslist prices locally are all over the place. They go from $1500 for a high miles car to around $4000 for a clean one.

What to do? :think:

Selling it running would probably net you the most money if you can get the donor engine/trans for a reasonable price. That would be the route I would take if I was in your shoes(if time permitted installing another engine/trans that is).

• 1 month later...