mitch0537

I've got a 94 with the 3.4, bucket rear seats, HUD, with 81K miles. There is no rust at all even surface rust, none. It runs and drives perfect and a new top. The question I have is the KBB blue book price actually accurate? When I see a similar equipped cars on eBay they go on auction for $8K to $10K. I have two problems with the car: The two front white leather seats are shabby, not ripped up but it would be a real service to this car to have them freshened up $800 for the pair, and it needs paint. No dents or other body work but the paint is dinged up but still looks good at 20 feet $800 to $1000.

Is it worth it to do this to this car?

If you plan on keeping the car and keeping up with the maintenance, aka you really love the car, I'd say go for it. But in terms of resale, you'll almost definitely never recover your investment.

My opinion? If you want to fix up the car for you to enjoy, by all means do so. They're not common, and a lot of fun.

But, if you're thinking that by doing so you"ll get 8 to 10K for the car on Ebay? You're not very likely to get that. I see the same outrageous prices on some cars on Ebay...but if you notice, they're usually not sold, and later, relisted. I can't say NONE of them sell for that price, but in my experience, that's not a price most anyone is willing to pay.

The only exception I've seen over the years is EXTREMELY low mileage models. While 81K is low mileage compared to other cars your car's age, the only ones I've seen that successfully sell for that price have on average less than 20K on them..ususally far less than even that.

I've got a 94 with the 3.4, bucket rear seats, HUD, with 81K miles. There is no rust at all even surface rust, none. It runs and drives perfect and a new top. The question I have is the KBB blue book price actually accurate? When I see a similar equipped cars on eBay they go on auction for $8K to $10K. I have two problems with the car: The two front white leather seats are shabby, not ripped up but it would be a real service to this car to have them freshened up $800 for the pair, and it needs paint. No dents or other body work but the paint is dinged up but still looks good at 20 feet $800 to $1000.

Is it worth it to do this to this car?

I highly doubt anyone will get $8k for a vert anytime soon let alone $10k.. Lower miled mint condition ones usually don't bring more than $4500-$5000

It's worth it if you want to keep the car and drive it for summer driving