chevelle3504speed

Hey guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I have a '95 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a deck problem, so the engine is pretty much shot. I just had the transmission (4T60E) freshly built 5,000 miles/4 months ago. I have bought a wrecked '98 LTZ Lumina wit 98k on it. It is a one owner car with meticulous maintenance records, including transmission services and oil changes. The Lumina has the 3800 with the 4T65E in it. I cannot decide whether to just put the cradle with engine and trans. from the Lumina in the Olds (easiest option), or drop just the 3800 in there and mate it to the 4T60 from the Olds and then just deal with the wiring. I think '96 Regals have the 3800 series II with the 4T60E, so I could get a wiring harness and computer from one of those. What do you guys think?

If you lived closer, i'd let you drive my cutlass that I attached the 3800 to the DOHC trans. I love the responsiveness in the trans. If you had the trans rebuilt. I would use the 96 harness and do the 3800. I do also get decent gas mileage with it too.

I am averaging 25-28 mpg with the combo on highway, depends on weather. If your Trans been rebuilt and your not planning on beating it. It would hold up fine to 4t60e. If it were to fail in future, you could always get different harness for 4t65. But I am kinda cheap and if ain't broke don't fix it ...