98 chevy lumina. best purchase i ever made.

killa cam

2.5 years ago i bought a green 1998 lumina from a little old lady. no seriously, her husband was my coworker and they're 65. dinosaurs. jk, they are incredibly wise and cool people. it had 150k miles on it and she handed me a folder about 2" thick with every single service receipt. i paid $1200 for it, best money i have ever spent. it runs awesome and doesnt need anything! i just installed a new pioneer bluetooth headunit and slowly piecing together a modest system. here's a pic of my lumina and a pic of my 911. my friends think i own the two most opposite cars but i love them both! :thumbsup:

they parked me in! part of living in philly i suppose. :think:

d7WGQzk.jpg

HGx2Zpl.jpg?2

How do you get the lumina out of that parking spot? :think: Looks like the back bumper is on that mini pretty good.

Welcome to the forum! I love that 911. That looks like a really sharp car.

That is the strangest combination of cars I have ever seen, but it's really cool to see someone who can appreciate all cars, regardless of whether they're American sh tboxes, or German supercars. That's a true gearhead :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum man!

Welcome! Another PA member? SURE! :lol:. Nice cars, love the 911.

i went too pitt so i'm familiar with your side of the state. i could really go for a primanti's sandwich right now!

i didnt plan on buying my lumina. my coworker told me he was selling his wife's for $1200 and it was in good condition so i said why not? it's the perfect car to have in philly. i can park it on the street and not give a single flying fudge about it. if someone bumps it or steals it, i dont think i would care. i've gotten more than my money's worth from it and its so reliable.

for my 911, i have to rent a parking spot for $200/mo. i am always nervous about other cars and people scratching it or hitting it. its a huge liability to have in philly. i should keep the lumina as my only car, since i work from home and everywhere i need to go is within walking distance, but i get this amazing feeling when i drive it and it makes it hard for me to part with it.

Hello from quite a bit north and west of your location!

That is quite the combination of cars but I know I'd roll a lumina as a beater for my 911 every day of the week!

what a small world. my college roommate was from st mary's. i still have an ECC Crusaders shirt he gave me. :lol:

some new toys for my lumina. pioneer bluetooth headunit, kicker 6x9's, and a jl 12w3v3 sub in a sealed box. i'm going to hook them up to a pair of alpine amps. not sure which front speakers i'm going to use yet.

oMAkcke.jpg

what a small world. my college roommate was from st mary's. i still have an ECC Crusaders shirt he gave me. :lol:

That would be my high school alma mater!Yeah some of us from that school can be quite proud of our roots. This area does kick ass though.

• 2 weeks later...