Honeycomb grand prix tail lights?

Disbass69

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time on my gp.

I love the look of the honeycomb fire bird tail lights but the tail lights already have a pattern on them.

Is there any way to get that off? Is it inside the taillight or outside and could be scrapped off with a razor?

I figure once that is off I can just put a decal on them of the honeycomb

Any ideas?

i'm against popular opinion here, but a fresh set of non-grid lights are my preference.

especially if i go through with my ~600 LED per side project.... i'm going to need all the room and lens area i can get.

• 1 year later...
I've been thinking about doing this for a long time on my gp.

I love the look of the honeycomb fire bird tail lights but the tail lights already have a pattern on them.

Is there any way to get that off? Is it inside the taillight or outside and could be scrapped off with a razor?

I figure once that is off I can just put a decal on them of the honeycomb

Any ideas?

Did you ever get this figured out? I'd like to take out the "blackout pattern" and leave it as it is, but my tail lights are in great shape and I don't want to wreck them. Are these glued together or might I get them apart by removing the mounting studs?

i'm against popular opinion here, but a fresh set of non-grid lights are my preference.

I completely agree with this now.

And yeah that's what I came up with to. Find a set of non grids and get a decal made

If you're going for a legal blackout look, that's def the way to go. I'm trying to go the other way--i want them mostly clear like modern taillights, but I don't really know if this taillight will look good like that, however it's much more in keeping with the other exterior mods I've already done.

Have you considered hydrographics for your honeycomb overlay? I don't know if there's a honeycomb available, but I think there are plenty of open patterns that would let light thru.