Early signs of lower intake manifold gasket failure..... Is your engine popping?

Starflare5

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/SEAL-Engine-Oil-Pump-DRIVE-Distributor-Housing-Engine-Oil-Pump-Body-Engine-Oil-Pump-Cover-Ignition-Distributor-Housing/2586629/10477565.html

That part number fits all of them. You really need to shut it dude. Your trying to be smarter than you really are.

And im sorry this whole forum is not as smart as you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6PC43peaF0

Maybe come back for answers when you are not on your period, some of theses guys can pull these engine with their eyes closed, so a smart person ought to listen. Especially when at least 3 - 4 for times every six months theres multiple threads showing up about a oil leak under the thottle body, or the engine has developed a popping sound. But i doubt you`d get much help after this, good luck to you and your dumbass boob comedy of a show:thumbsup:

Maybe come back for answers when you are not on your period, some of theses guys can pull these engine with their eyes closed, so a smart person ought to listen. Especially when at least 3 - 4 for times every six months theres multiple threads showing up about a oil leak under the thottle body, or the engine has developed a popping sound. But i doubt you`d get much help after this, good luck to you and your dumbass boob comedy of a show:thumbsup:

Thank you kindly for your rudeness and disrespect. Now I have a few questions for you. Questions that should have been asked ahead of time:

1. Did I ever say in any of my posts that my car has a misfire condition?

2. Have you connected my car to an OBD 1.5 scanner to figure out what error codes it had?

3. Did you even ask if my car had a leak or any error codes?

4. Did I ever say that my car had that type of leak?

You're answers should be No, no, no, and no hipster.

My car does not have the leak under there and that's what I was trying to tell you, but, no one wanted to read.. THEY JUST ALL ASSUME (ASS out of U and ME). No one here actually asked any probing or diagnosing questions, they just assumed.

FYI, here are the error codes from the computer:

DTC - 33 MAP sensor circuit error (signal high indicating

low vacuum)

DTC - 63 MAP sensor circuit signal voltage

high (low vacuum indicated)

And those are usually the only codes you'll get. With the earlier computers, it's accompanied by throttle position sensor error codes because in that system, the MAP and TPS work hand in hand. The MAP sensor itself has been tested and is fine which is indicating an issue with the vacuum. Also, it's hose is fine too, and, I have no TPS error codes.

The trouble codes for misfire are codes 42 or 43 which niether came up..... As far as the distributor you all so far mention, there is no sign of leakage at all from it. Also, the popping sound is occuring in an air intake path on the middle rear of the engine, or, middle/firewall side no where near that distributor. You can clearly hear where exactly it is with a stethoscope. Broken or damaged lifters can also cause a popping sound, but, since my cars engine is running "normal" even with the popping, it is concluded from a few opinions that the lifters are not the case. Another part that can cause it (which causes an inverted vacuum in the upper part of the manifold) is the idle air control valve, or code 35 also used to be dependant on the TPS, which, I don't have that code either and that part has been replaced twice to be safe because the IAC can also cause out of control acceleration.

also, why would some one post a picture (actually read the picture) of the oil pump drive gear located inside the lower front end of the engine?

Also, even if it's the wrong part, wouldn't it make more sense to use a picture of one from a 2.8, 3.1, 3100, or 3400 V6?

LESSON: DO NOT EVER ASSUME, AND, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS.

Alot of you didn't really ask me any questions and pretty much assumed that I didn't know crap about my own car when this is my 5th W-Body vehicle, second with a 3100. First one I didn't have long enough to have any of the leaks because I was rear ended only about a month after having it.

This is also pretty much my 7th GM vehicle. I also lived in Michigan for a year (studied the auto industry intensely), and was born and raised in one of the states with the most vehicles on the road, California. You all seem to be assuming that I know nothing about cars in general. Oh, and I'm 36 years old in case you were wondering

So actually, the popping can actually be caused by 4 things:

Inverted vacuum pressure

Leaking distributor (as you all say it)

Broken or damaged lifter(s) and/or valves.

Idle Air Control Valve malfunction.

Sometimes the error codes are the only things that can help you narrow it down, along with the way the engine is acting in general.

Again, thank you for your rudeness and disrespect.

Starflare5.

Edited by Starflare5