Hood release cable

Runfromcheney

Well, to say that Natasha's hood release cable is broken is an understatement; I had to reach up past the front bumper with a screwdriver to get the hood open, so replacing it is definitely on my list of things to do. Anyways, I found another 91 Cutlass at Parts Galore with a good cable and interior release handle. (!!!!!) What all does it take to remove the hood release cable from one of these and what kind of tools would I need to bring with me? I am hoping to go after I get off work Saturday and fetch it.....

Just buy a new one. they are only like $14-$17 brand new, Doorman makes them.

as for installing them i'll usually use the old one as a pull string to get it up near the battery, just cut the old one in the interior and tape the new one to it.

I've found most JY cables to have exactly the same problem as the one I'm trying to replace. 99% of the time, the cable rots where it routes under the battery area or breaks at the latch. If you need a handle, JY would be the best bet.

For a cable get a new one. Rockauto has them for 11 bucks.