DIC prewired but not HUD?

Fraschy

It's a 1995 Grand Prix. It was prewired for the DIC, that was an easy job. But I can't find any wires anywhere for the HUD. Why would it come prewired for the DIC but not the HUD? Unless I am missing something somewhere.

I have absolutely no clue how to splice wires to make it work. I don't know anything about that sort of stuff and how that even works. I can't read and understand wiring diagrams for the life of me either.

I tried search and the only thing that DID come up was for Cutlass Supremes. I thought I remember seeing pictures on this through about a Grand Prix, but I have searched over and over and find nothing.

look harder? dic should be in the same bundle, you might have the connector stuck in the dash. That's to say, if you have your dic plug found, trace it back like 6 inches and it should split off another bundle which is for the HUD and HUD switch.

It's a 1995 Grand Prix. It was prewired for the DIC, that was an easy job. But I can't find any wires anywhere for the HUD. Why would it come prewired for the DIC but not the HUD? Unless I am missing something somewhere.

I have absolutely no clue how to splice wires to make it work. I don't know anything about that sort of stuff and how that even works. I can't read and understand wiring diagrams for the life of me either.

I tried search and the only thing that DID come up was for Cutlass Supremes. I thought I remember seeing pictures on this through about a Grand Prix, but I have searched over and over and find nothing.

Same harness bundle should have HUD harness on it. I had the same car with that bundle.

no. that is a separate part. i need to do a better write up on that. best way is to source the extension wire from a vehicle that has the sensor already... it is part of the front lighting harness on a factory equipped car. I have the donor wire and sensor to put into a car next week... along with a dash swap. i must take pictures.

no. that is a separate part. i need to do a better write up on that. best way is to source the extension wire from a vehicle that has the sensor already... it is part of the front lighting harness on a factory equipped car. I have the donor wire and sensor to put into a car next week... along with a dash swap. i must take pictures.

Hey, I have that exterior temp sensor but im unsure where it mounts. It has a bracket along with a plug. How do I go about wiring it? any pics of a stock one mounted?

it goes on the center bar of the core support, right dead sqaure in the middle in front of the radiator. I need to install this on the car i am driving, but it has to wait till after thanks giving :(

Lucked up on a HUD from a `99 GTP today and im wondering if it will work for a `94 CS? Thinking it will from what ive read but if pre wired would this temp. sensor on the core support be pre- wired as well, should i be seeing a connector hanging around this area? and coulds someone post a link to the thread for custom wiring in a HUD into a 1st gen. ive seen it a few times but for the life of me cant seem to find it. I did remember to grab the connectors to the display unit and console control with a length of wire to identify colors.

mounting is no problem, i do prefer functionality to cosmetic purposes, and if anything wood, Bondo, and paint can make it look good + a 20 year old toy erector set has done wonders for creating custom braketc and mounts.

I guess i should have been more specific, will the connectors(if pre wired) be the same between a 1st gen HUD and i guess a 2ng gen HUD? To dark to start taking the dash apart today. Still looking for that mini-quad header, hood and 2x front quarter panels and had a luck up. The HUD appears to be the electric motor version vs the cable adjusted version.

Edited by rich_e777

Well, here is what I know. If you can make your own mount, and don't care how it looks sitting in your car then continue reading. A second gen HUD has been made to work in 94-96 Grand Prix and 95-97 Cutlass supreme. The 1994 connecting won't simply plug into the second gen HUD, with some re-pinning of the connector I bet it can be made to work. Very few thing actually need to hooked up to make a hud function. Power, ground, Speedo cable, turn signals, and whatever else you want to connect. The HUD will show the low fuel and check engine light as well you could hook up. The second gen HUD has the ability to display the radio station on the windshield. So if you tap into the right wire for the radio it can be made to work.

You must grab the adjuster on the GTP. You will need that for the HUD to work. The 1994 CS is more than likely pre-wired for HUD. The wires are typically found behind the light switch or the gauge cluster.

a 94 CS is wired for HUD only if it has swrc and automatic climate control. Wiring is not the same, physical fitment is insane, you have a hard project ahead of you, but the signal carried by the wires is compatible, even for earlier obd 1 cars.

Edited by Crazy K

maybe i`ll just hang on to it and sell it then(or trade it), i`d rather have one better suited to the year and i hear theres a meet coming up, should be easy to make gas money off it once there.:dance: