What do you all think??

crunkGP96

Look pretty clean for a 95? Fully loaded minus DIC and polished wheels. The only thing that concerns me is the oil seen in the pics. Seepage could be normal for its age just don't want it to leak like crazy. Supposedly it was stored most winters of its life.

If everything goes well I'm picking it up this weekend.

DSC09386.jpg

DSC09385.jpg

DSC09384.jpg

DSC09383.jpg

DSC09382.jpg

DSC09390.jpg

Edited by crunkGP96

Looks to be in pretty good shape. 3.4?

Yes, 3.4

That's pretty common for a 3.4 to leak oil. It's typically comes from the oil pump drive seal going bad.

Thanks, did not know that. Is it a cheap(er) fix?

very clean indeed

That's what I thought

Looks good to me !

Im eager to get it now

Damn, under 100K miles and everything looks pretty clean - might be a winner. Has it been sitting?

No, its DD for the past two years. The owner previous to this one now stored it winters supposedly. I'm assuming it was his weekend car. I hope its a winner. I'll add polished wheels, tint, lower it and be done with it... for now:D

I have done the 3.4 oil drive without pulling the HEADS, but I did pull the plenum...

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/8442-O-Ring-(Oil-Pump-Drive-Seal)-Fix-(Pictures)?p=813142&viewfull=1#post813142

ADD A DIC! Y our car has ABS(and HUD), it should be pre-wired for everything, except the small harness that goes to the sensor from the c-200 connector. Pop off the access on the left side of the dash and inspect for a large loose wiring connector. (I have all the parts if you require them!)

and then... SWAP IN A 97+ HUD and wire it to the radio for data, an get a second gen GP steering wheel and 97 only airbag!

Edited by Crazy K

To change the oil pump drive gasket you should pull off the upper intake to have enough room. As I recall Ken, Crazy K, has done it without removing the plenum.

Thanks, I heard if is leaking somewhere by the distributor cap the motor will need a rebuild?

I have done the 3.4 oil drive without pulling the HEADS, but I did pull the plenum...

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/8442-O-Ring-(Oil-Pump-Drive-Seal)-Fix-(Pictures)?p=813142&viewfull=1#post813142

ADD A DIC! Y our car has ABS(and HUD), it should be pre-wired for everything, except the small harness that goes to the sensor from the c-200 connector. Pop off the access on the left side of the dash and inspect for a large loose wiring connector. (I have all the parts if you require them!)

and then... SWAP IN A 97+ HUD and wire it to the radio for data, an get a second gen GP steering wheel and 97 only airbag!

Awesome! thanks for the link. I WILL need all those parts. Shoot me a PM with the price and I will most likely get them from you if I get the car this weekend.

You have a ton of ideas! lol Dont think Id want to swap the HUD. I already have a 00 Daytona Ed with it. I want to keep this car as stock as possible.

The distributor pack? The coik pack is right under the front exhuast manifold. 96+ coik packs were moved to a better spot.

I can't think of a reason a 3.4l would leak by the coil pack.

Thanks, I heard if is leaking somewhere by the distributor cap the motor will need a rebuild?

The distributor pack? The coik pack is right under the front exhuast manifold. 96+ coik packs were moved to a better spot.

I can't think of a reason a 3.4l would leak by the coil pack.

He said "distributor cap" when meaning "oil pump drive" which, thousands of years ago, used to be where the distributor was.

Lumina_Oil_Pump_Drive_01.JPG

There is no need for "a rebuild" to re-seal the pump drive o-ring leakage. The assembly will only lift up about an eighth or quarter-inch, but that's enough to slide a gasket between the drive and the engine, IF the gasket is cut so it will wrap around the drive assembly. I sealed it with Permatex non-hardening sealer (#2???) and it was leak-free for 30,000 miles. Doing it "right" means pulling the rear head so the pump drive can be completely removed and the dead O-ring cut off and replaced.

Edited by Schurkey

He said "distributor cap" when meaning "oil pump drive" which, thousands of years ago, used to be where the distributor was.

Lumina_Oil_Pump_Drive_01.JPG

There is no need for "a rebuild" to re-seal the pump drive o-ring leakage. The assembly will only lift up about an eighth or quarter-inch, but that's enough to slide a gasket between the drive and the engine, IF the gasket is cut so it will wrap around the drive assembly. I sealed it with Permatex non-hardening sealer (#2???) and it was leak-free for 30,000 miles. Doing it "right" means pulling the rear head so the pump drive can be completely removed and the dead O-ring cut off and replaced.

you cut and glued that gasket in place? hmmm that seems like it may work, but could that distributor gasket just be another o-ring instead that is a little bigger than the other one? just an idea, because then you could stretch it over the top without cutting it.

The oil pump drive won't come far enough out of the hole it's in to get to the O-ring.

I cut the gasket at an angle, covered both sides with sealer, and then wound it around the oil pump drive. Let the drive sink back into the hole, let it sit for awhile so the sealer would set-up some. I made absolutely certain that the gasket wasn't spread-apart at the cut. Eventually, tighten the bolt holding the retainer, and put the rest of the engine back together.

Held fine until the head gasket popped, when the head was off, I installed the fresh O-ring and a non-cut gasket. The old O-ring was so hard it came off in chunks.

Well guys, I am officially owner of this 95 GTP! Took the drive to pick it up yesterday. Got it home today. Car drove awesome for the two and a half hour drive. Only issue with it is when the car is started up hot it bogs a little. Any suggestions? Maybe a bad plug or wire or maybe the coil pack?

Anywho, this thing is mint!! I am the 3rd owner. I even have the original window sticker and some cool keychain that came in one of the manuals. It even has the original mats! Not a single tear on the seats and they look great!

Heres a few pics from before I picked it up. The sticker on the windshield is the first thing that came off when I got home. The car obviously needed a vacuum in these pics but that has already been taken care of. Dont know why the carpet looks real dirty but it isnt at all. It looks near new. The mat was dusty as hell that was it!

GTP8.jpg

GTP6.jpg

GTP4.jpg

GTP2.jpg

GTP7.jpg

The sticker on the windshield is the first thing that came off when I got home.

Thank you. Every time I see one with that i cringe.

Definitely a nice car! Extremely clean looking. Give it a good wash and post new pics!

Edit: Wisconsin plates? Where in Wisconsin are you located? Always good to see people from my own state :thumbsup:

Yea the sticker had to go! lol I don't live in Wisconsin. These pics were from the seller before I picked it up. I live in Northwest Indiana. Trust me, I was going to wash it as soon as i got home but it started raining and still hasn't stopped. I did start cleaning the interior though! I'll probably go get the windows tinted in the next few days. I'm pretty sure i'm going to place my order for the polished 5 spokes this week too.

Edited by crunkGP96