Big question need yalls help asap

sparxxraps

Ok so heres my issue my drivers window is broke every glass place i called said the window is discontinued. my car is a 1995 cutlass supreme sl 2 door coupe. what im wanting to know is will a window from a 1992 cutlass supreme vert fit my car? ive heard it will and that it wont i dont wanna buy the window if it wont fit cus the yard its at of course offers no returns. the guy at that yard looked on the computer an said only 95 to 97 2 dr windows will work the guy at another yard looked an said from 88 to 97. ill very much appereciate yalls input as its starting to get cold here an i got plastic over the window thanks ps what all years an cars would cross reference with mine if yall know i really at this point just want to find a window before snow hits

Edited by sparxxraps
more info

2-door coupe and vert door windows should be the same. GM likes to use interchangable parts too much for it not to be. I`d go out on a limb and say a similar year Grand Prix window might work as well and seem to be alot more common than a CS. Never had to change a side window only a windshield but the bigger glass companys should have them.

Edited by rich_e777

i think i may just grab tha glass next chance i get ot go out there thatd be awesome if gp windows would fit those are all over the place here but at least in my general area there are very few of 90s cutlasses

PM CrazyK he will know for sure if its the same window. Those doors were frameless for the verts and framed for the coupes. There is a very good chance they were different, but i dont know enough about verts.

the window fit and i found a pair of door handles also yard gave me a heck of a deal 25 bux for everything

hella deal!!!! glad it worked.

I replied to his PM, informing hims that the glass is "different" according to interchange, probably due to something silly like it's natural visible light transmission, (like 3 vs 5%, Soft-rau vs Flo-lite) but should be physically interchangeable.

just trying to confirm whats interchangable, GP to CS coupe or CS coupe to CS Vert? regardless of light tolerance, just in case shit happens in the future.

I can count the number of CS verts and coupes in the yards on my fingers combined here in nashville, so they are kindof rare. Seen way more mustang GTs than CSs for that matter and not just the v6s with GT badges. Good thing to, dont need to be all teary eyed walking around a junkyard, some of them cars dont need to be there.

the window i used was from a vert cs tho there were a few gps an the glass in them looks the same to but i cant verify that for sure as i didn try it. took about 10 mins to install it did find out the po when installing the remote door poppers fed up the shell of the drivers door in a few places and ruined the door panels an used sheet metal screws to attach them. luckily im not going for a show car look tho