Exhaust manifold to downpipe donut gasket

rich_e777

Coming to the end of my list for my CS and im looking for that donut gasket that goes on the rear Ex. manifold but no one seems to carry them, since its a metal piece and it comes with a new complete exhaust mainifold is it safe to assume i need a new manifold instead of just the donut gasket since the manifold could be damaged? and does anyone know where to find just the donut gasket? Theres a definite sound of leaky raspy 3100 coming out of the front and that donut like to pop in and out of place every time i shift or stop then go. Jackass that replaced my cat. conv. years ago left of the flex pipe and thats what caused it, now they wont even touch it let alone own up to it. Might as well do it myself and know its done right

Im replacing the LIM gasket and trying to talk the guy whoe helping me into the head gasket but he says its to much trouble if its not needed, i argue that its a 19 y/o head gasket with 120K miles on it, and that should be reason enough. So while ive got the engine apart that far down it shold be alot easier and im replacing the exhaust system so it will have to come off anyways.

Ive been to NAPA and Autozne and both them and the guy at the exhaust shop said it was the flange gasket and the donut gasket i was refering to was the same thing but you found it in less than 5 min. That looks like what im needing Thanks. Given the circumstanses you think the manifold is cracked or just a bad gasket/connection for lack of a flex pipe?

Edited by rich_e777

Jackass that replaced my cat. conv. years ago left of the flex pipe
or just a bad gasket/connection for lack of a flex pipe?

WHAT flex-pipe?

Im replacing the LIM gasket and trying to talk the guy whoe helping me into the head gasket but he says its to much trouble if its not needed, i argue that its a 19 y/o head gasket with 120K miles on it, and that should be reason enough. So while ive got the engine apart that far down it shold be alot easier and im replacing the exhaust system so it will have to come off anyways.

One car, 150K miles, two defective head gaskets. Both gaskets failed in EXACTLY the same place. Rear bank gasket puked coolant into the cylinder; front gasket was not actually leaking but would have puked coolant before long.

Lumina_Head_Gasket_02.jpg

Lumina_Head_Gasket_03.jpg

http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread.php/49657-Losing-coolant-into-2

Edited by Schurkey

I had my car for about a month before it happened and i dont remember where this metal braided pipe was fitted but diagrams show that it comes somewhere between the cat converter and downpipe, its suppose to keep stress off the manifolds due to engine shifting. I figured it was something standard all FWD cars had being this my first one.