Torque Converter Dancing??

base93lumina

Okay so heres my problem. 00 GTP is the car im talking about on this one. After the car warms up, whether in 3rd gear, or 4th gear, light pedal, low to moderate load on the motor in lock up, the torque converter seems to dance in and out of lockup like its going out of style. Now, i had a similar problem with my 93 Lumina earlier on this year, but the stop light switch doesnt seem to be the issue here. Now, i remember on the 4T60E there was a lock solenoid that i could have replaced on the side of the trans. On this 4T65EHD, i dont see that option. Now, heres what im asking.

Car has 204k miles on the drivetrain, fluid is good, pink and not burnt, also full. Is there something really wrong with my TC or is there a switch that has gone bad i can replace? I need help with this asap. Its my daily and i dont have my Lumina as this point in time, so i can tear this one down. Holds every gear just fine, no slipping. Just light to moderate load (usually up hill) while in lock up, and it dances all over the place like the motor has a misfire. Also, doesnt seem to to it till the motor is around 2000-2500 in lock up.

An scantool can be your friend here...are you absolutely certain the car isn't actually misfiring?

A bad TPS can cause the transmission to jump in and out of lock--if it's bad, the ECM is receiving bad throttle position information, which can cause some strange shifting behavior. A scantool can confirm this.

i'd say either a line pressure issue, TCC solenoid or the clutch itself is slipping.

but i'm not all up to date on 65E specific stuff either.

EDIT: TPS would make sense as well and cause all kinds of interesting issues.

Okay, well i dont have access to a scan tool, so for now that out. I will check the tps and see what happens with it.

If i have to change the TCC solenoid, where is it? And can i change it with the trans in the car like the 4T60s can be?