Dash Repair See photo

rawdeal91vert

Does anyone have a good solution to fix a separated dash from a 91'? This is the ONLY flaw in the interior of my car. Everything else is 95%. Any ideas? I have been told this is unversally common amoung GM cars of this period.

post-7554-143689113167_thumb.jpg

This is a very common problem among Cutlass supremes of this age. I can suggest how I would fix it.

I would find some glue that is good in heat because it can get hot on the dash when it sits in the sun. I'd get a peice of wood and some claps. The wood is so the claps do not make an impression on the dash.

Just apply your glue and clamp it down and it should stay in place and last a very long time.

glue, maybe some screws. I used some small screws in my cutlass and it worked fine, but glue would have helped keep it even across the length. Once you popped the vent back on you couldn't see it

Glue doesn't really work for very long. Screws will do the trick.

Here's a 12yr old pic when I did this on the 88. I've done this on all of them since. It holds up. I covered the screws with a strip of black electrical tape. You'd never notice it, even looking straight at the vent.

PA280156.jpg

I don't know how strong gorilla glue is compared to liquid nails, but liquid nails didn't last that long. I can't remember how long... I keep these cars decades so even a couple years isn't very long to me. :lol:

Liquid nails sucks for everything I've tried it on: wood, plastic, fiberglass and whatnot. I think the screws on the edge of the vent is a terrific idea and will probably try it out on my '92