Lumina T60 Caliper bolt

dodgethis

Holy shit these things are 2 pieces??

DING! DING! DING! We HAVE a WINNER!

The problem is not the threads. The problem is that the steel "bell" seizes to the bolt shaft, so when you try to remove the bolt, not only are you turning the threads in the hole, you've got to spin the entire bell. The end of the bell is formed so that it's producing line-contact in three or four places; very high loading and therefore very high friction.

If we could figure out how to keep the bell from seizing to the bolt, our problems would be done.

I antisieze the shaft area where they freeze. I use the heaviest duty (red) thread lock on the threads during installation and torque to spec (148 ft-lbs) I also have plenty of spares in case i ever need one, but the only ones I had to use where when Psychomatt forgot to tighten the ones on his TGP five years ago and they fell off. LOL

I believe you CAN buy new ones at the part store (HELP section, iirc)... but good used ones are probably better quality. grab some spares on your next psychosomatic junkyard run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I've done to aid in removing these is spray and soak with pb blaster a day a head of time. Get it up on jacks and turn the wheel, so that you can fit your wrench and a long cheater bar (I use a 5 foot piece of 1" schedule 40 piping). Leverage (and the more of it) is VERY advantageous. And turning the wheel gives you all the room in the world.

I antisieze the shaft area where they freeze. I use the heaviest duty (red) thread lock on the threads during installation and torque to spec (148 ft-lbs) I also have plenty of spares in case i ever need one, but the only ones I had to use where when Psychomatt forgot to tighten the ones on his TGP five years ago and they fell off. LOL

I believe you CAN buy new ones at the part store (HELP section, iirc)... but good used ones are probably better quality. grab some spares on your next psychosomatic junkyard run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well im screwed, I didn't have a torque wrench, but made damn sure they were on there tight with antisieze. :lohl::lohl::lohl::lohl: