88-89 Prix 3-Piece AM/FM/Cassette/EQ Info

Penglii

(sigh)

the guy running that website may or may not ever bring it back up... i guess he didn't like what people were doing with his images or something, but i contacted him via email about getting the service manual for the early GP CD unit, the CD portion of it doesn't have a manual that exists, supposedly has to be sent in to Delco/etc....... FML.

Yeah, the guy who ran that website was kindof a jerk... I am glad I stocked up on all the manuals I could justify buying while I still could. I swear I'll get them imaged eventually.

The cassette player module itself was the same way in the TGP stereos... no schematics and only "serviceable" by sending the module to Delco for replacement. Cannot even replace the belts as far as I could tell... I tore one down as far as I was comfortable and it got me nowhere. If I had ripped it apart far enough to even just replace the belts I don't know that reassembly would have been possible by anyone who was not a swiss watchsmith or had 8 arms or something.

i actually have disassembled 90% of the CD unit.... opened up the amp, inspected everything, new heatsink compound, closed it back up, dealt with the little main controller board, CD unit taken apart to the point of removed laser/worm gear stuff. putting it back together requires memory/photos and small hand movements, neither of which i'm that great at, but it's getting there.

since i apparently can't service the CD portion myself(we'll see about that), i'm trying to figure out where the hell all of the ebay units are getting "new" CD control boards from....

• 5 months later...
Don't worry, I have not forgotten about that.... all good things come to those who wait. :biggrin::biggrin:

And I am still waiting! :lol: