Summer's end

willsboattail

:( Summer's almost over.... time to put my baby into winter storage. Put on a whopping 300 miles this summer, just 58 miles short of 80k.:(

:shrug:No luck selling it this year.:shrug:

:lol:Didn't really need that elusive pickup anyway, right??!!:lol:

:think:No, wait .... maybe I'll drive it until the weekend and pass the 80k mark.:D

:think: Decisions:think:i

Edited by willsboattail

Drive it! It's still summer. I've got the top already down on mine, waiting in the parking lot for my drive home from work.

When you're laying in your death bed (many years from now I hope), I doubt you'll post to w-body about your regrets for putting too many miles on the ol' Cutty vert you used to have. 80k isn't that big of a milestone. If it had 99,9942 miles on it, however, I might say to park it for the winter especially if you're going to sell it.

I mostly have had mine in storage as well, I've been lucky if I hit 500 miles on it this summer. But I may sometimes get it out on weekends if it's still nice. I know, I have to get my vert looked at next year, every once in a great while, while driving it the car likes to stay at high rpms. Example: while traveling 55 mph it stays at 3100 to 3200 and when I let off the gas it goes a little higher and then falls. Then pressing the gas pedal(not crazy like) does the same thing again. I have to get it looked at soon, but it's rare when it does it, plus I have a fan out again! Have to also get that fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

:)

I've put just a little over 13,000 miles on my '95 convertible this year--it's showing 228,000 miles on the odometer, it's not like I'm affecting its' value...:lol:

:( Summer's almost over.... time to put my baby into winter storage. Put on a whopping 300 miles this summer, just 58 miles short of 80k.:(

:shrug:No luck selling it this year.:shrug:

:lol:Didn't really need that elusive pickup anyway, right??!!:lol:

:think:No, wait .... maybe I'll drive it until the weekend and pass the 80k mark.:D

:think: Decisions:think:i

Took my baby to dinner tonight. 63 is a bit chilly for no windbreaker but she needed to go for a ride. Sunny days are winding down.

K

The good news is that on the occasional warmer fall/winter day, she'll be there, waiting for you...:)

Took my baby to dinner tonight. 63 is a bit chilly for no windbreaker but she needed to go for a ride. Sunny days are winding down.

K

56 degrees this morning. High of 82 today. 3rd day of fall. A little nip in the air. Windbreaker just enough. The top hasn't been up since Saturday morning. This time of year in Atlanta is about perfect for a convertible!

• 2 months later...

Haven't been on here for a few months...."stuff" going on in my life...lol. Because of that i missed the Michigan run and didn't get to drive mine hardly at all this summer...which was tough after having the previous 2 fun summers of using it a lot. So I drove it to Florida from Ontario...was flawless...and left it at the place there to drive whenever I can get there. At least it won't get rusty and I may get to put the top down over the winter. If anybody is on here near Ft. Meyers, Fl., let me know.