You've got to be kidding me, right?

BRZN

Saw this today sitting out in the middle of the local Wal Mart parking lot and had to snap a pic

post-6852-143689110845_thumb.jpg

As I snapped the picture I noticed a couple walking up to it and I asked if it was their car. A mid 50's man and women: the guy said it was his wifes and he bought it for her (I think he said) in '92. He also said the car hasn't seen rain or snow since they've had it. He said they'd probably sell it some day as they never drive it and she said no way, never! What a jem of a car.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead here, but I need to know if any of you know anything about that white CS vert with the "lambo doors". Any info about the origin of that picture would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased a car that looks just like it here in CT, and I have reason to believe that it is the same car. One reason being the lambo doors, and another being that the DS rear window is up (my window wouldn't go down when purchased), and thirdly, one of the guys in the pic might be who I bought it from. Any and all info would be appreciated.

Before I get flamed to badly...for the price I got it for, I couldn't say no. It has only 75k miles, and according to my research, the original owner owned it until they died in 2007, when some kid in MA bought it and did these "mods", and it was traded in on a new range rover in 2009, when it then went to auction, where the guy that I bought it from obtained it. It has sat for sale in my hometown on and off since 2011.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't offer any information, but I'd say there probably aren't too many white cutlass drop tops with those ridiculous doors on them.

gotta ask though, did you keep those doors or convert them back?

You guys are right, the door is absolutely too big and too heavy. This modification has resulted in the only problems to this otherwise pristine vehicle. But to rescue a vert with 75k on the odometer, with a mint interior, I couldn't say no. In the process of converting it as we speak. Just picked up some doors and hinges from another member on this forum. Soon as they're painted, they'll be on the car. The stock doors have been pretty molested due to these modifications....from the hinges being welded on with all kinds of spacers, and the doors not aligning correctly, leading to dents from them being slammed. The best bet seemed to be buying new doors and starting over.

The car had some other issues to be sorted out first. To accommodate this door modification, a previous owner had to "Extend" the wiring in both doors. In this process of cutting and splicing in more wire, some wires were connected wrong. The top and AWAD function didn't work at first, but after this wiring issue was fixed, everything is good to go.

It is just a shame that the previous own molested the car in this way. It is in otherwise immaculate condition.

After I finished typing my first post I made I had a second thought about the doors and I was thinking to myself man that wiring for the doors must be trashed since it needed to be longer so the door could travel in the direction.

Good for you man fixing the car up, and getting it right again.

I had driven by this car for sale about once a week for the past 2 years. I looked at it within a few days of it going for sale, and the doors turned me off. However, after all this time went by, the car just sitting there, with only 75k on it, one day I just had to make an offer. It will be back to it's glory some day. Here is an ad from when it was for sale before the doors were put on

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/autos/files/1028500/1028620.html

I'll have to get around to posting some pics of how the car sits now. The only exterior flaws are due to these doors. The doors have small dents due to slamming from them not lining up correctly. The interior is as perfect as one can expect from a 20 year old car. All seats except driver's look like they have never been sat in. Driver seat has some creases, but no tears. And to repeat myself, only 75k miles. I really wish the previous owner didn't molest this beautiful car.

I had driven by this car for sale about once a week for the past 2 years. I looked at it within a few days of it going for sale, and the doors turned me off. However, after all this time went by, the car just sitting there, with only 75k on it, one day I just had to make an offer. It will be back to it's glory some day. Here is an ad from when it was for sale before the doors were put on

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/autos/files/1028500/1028620.html

I'll have to get around to posting some pics of how the car sits now. The only exterior flaws are due to these doors. The doors have small dents due to slamming from them not lining up correctly. The interior is as perfect as one can expect from a 20 year old car. All seats except driver's look like they have never been sat in. Driver seat has some creases, but no tears. And to repeat myself, only 75k miles. I really wish the previous owner didn't molest this beautiful car.

I saw that when I had mine 5 years ago. I had 2 of the other 17 made in that colour combo, both have gone to the junkyard though.

They wanted 11K? Before or after the molestation? Anyone want a 91 with 71K on the clock for half that?

That was before the molestation as far as I can tell. Based on my research, the original owner died in 07, and it was sold to the 2nd owner who did these mods. That ad, based on the mileage and the condition, I am pretty sure is the condition that the 2nd owner bought it in, and possibly around what they paid for it in 07-08

I saw that when I had mine 5 years ago. I had 2 of the other 17 made in that colour combo, both have gone to the junkyard though.

You remember looking at this ad back in 08? That is amazing. I wish you bought it back then, it would be in better shape at this point lol