Problem with fan blower/vents

Johnnystats

Hey everyone - Have a question. When I put on the A/C - nothing comes out of the vents - only the floor area and the defroster area. No matter what button I press, it will not come out of the front vents. Any ideas what that could be? This is for a 91 GP. Thanks!

Edited by Johnnystats

the vacuum line that goes from the vacuum resivoir underhood to the vacuum distribution block for the HVAC stuff would be my first guess. no vacuum there means the vents are stuck in whatever direction they were in when they lost vacuum.

The usual cause on my '92 and 93 Luminas has been broken/worn-thru vacuum hose under the battery, leading to the round vacuum reservoir in front of the left front wheel. Have had to repair both of them there. Hard plastic vacuum hose splits, has to be "spliced" with a short section of rubber hose.

This kills vacuum to the HVAC system, leading to most of the air coming out the defroster with some coming out at floor level. The defroster is the default air door position as it allows for defrosting the windshield in cold weather--a safety feature.

• 2 weeks later...