Leather seats: care and renew????

Nicutlass_Supremacy

Hi, my leather seats are a little rusty and have some cracks. What can I do to make them look newer and also take care of them? Thanks.

Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner. Expensive at ~$7/a bottle, but a set lasts a while and it works well. Obviously nothing will fix cracks, but it'll sure soften it up and keep it from cracking more.

Got mine at Advance auto, Dunno where you'd get it, online maybe?

I've been using a product by "Surf City" Leather rejuvenator or something like that. $12 for a pretty small bottle but it seems to make a difference.

I´m just looking but it seems that here in Uruguay there is no reseller. I think I´ll try buying it online or look for something equal here. Thanks!!!!

I think I saw something like that here in a Supermaket some time ago but when I was reading haw to use it there was some products for diffrent kinds of leather, like open pore leather or something like that I didn´t understand.

I´ve just phoned a friend that knows all about horses and he told me to call a saddlery near by and ask for leather care. Thanks!!!

• 9 months later...

Bump. I've been using the Lexol saddle soap on leather. I've noticed when I get it on the vinyl sides it turns it white. How do I clean this?

Egads. I wouldn't use dish soap on leather. Dish soap is a degreaser... oil keeps the leather soft... by that logic I bet the dish soap would pull the essential oils right out of the leather.

..... he meant dish soap on the vinyl parts

Doesn't seem like it would be particularly great for vinyl, either. I'd go with something like 303 Aerospace or something.

..... he meant dish soap on the vinyl parts

Indeed I was talking about on the vinyl. If the saddle oil is what caused the white on the vinyl, you would want to remove the oil. Now if the vinyl has actually been bleached slightly by the oil, you will need some color re-newer. Wizards has one called Black Renew. You can use it on any color, which I have and it works great. There are other brands of it that you would be able to find in a local store as well.

Way late to this thread, but my suggestion:

Get a bucket of warm water, a fine bristle shoe brush (new obviously), and one bottle each of Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner.

1. Dip the brush a bit in the water, then spray with the leather cleaner

2. Work cleaner into the seats, going with the grain if possible

3. Wipe seats down with a microfiber, and allow to dry

4. Apply leather conditioner with a small applicator pad (like you might use for dash dressing)

5. Wait for seats to absorb the conditioner. Repeat #4 if needed