94 Cutlass Supreme LQ1 leakage problem

Nicutlass_Supremacy

I have an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 94 with and LQ1. Theres a leakage in some hose or the radiator because the radiator fluid keeps going down every time I use the car. It´s not a lot of fluid but everytime I check it it´s below the limit. The problem is that I can´t find where the leakage is!!! Somebody told me that it could be somewhere the water would evaporate before reaching the floor. What can I do to spot the problem?

One place it could be leaking is on the driver side, underneath where the throttle body is. There is a small piece called a "quick disconnect" that holds two coolant lines together with a small plastic clip. This small plastic clip gets old and starts to get weak, and sometimes coolant can leak onto the exhaust crossover and evaporate.

Here is an image of the piece. They are nearly universal, and the same part will work with many different cars and engines. The black plastic piece it what likes to fail.

qd.jpg

This is one place to start looking. It might be easier to remove the air filter assembly and watch this piece. It is right above the exhaust cross-over.

Lower intake coolant leaks can be hard to see, too...look with a flashlight under the intake, in the valley. When my lower intake gasket began failing, I never saw a drop anywhere on the ground--but could smell it under the hood.