Just Added Some Pics of my Kenwood Install

jojeeka

I am not a pro but I got hooked after installing my first nav unit into a vehicle of mine. This is the 3rd vehicle I have done. So it isn't all pro but I am happy with it. If anyone wants any help with theirs I can answer questions.

DNX6960

Nav

Bluetooth

XM radio module (KCA-XM100V)

USB so I can play songs off my android and see titles and artist and control it with the Seek on the steering wheel

Oldsmobile Startup Screen added

SWI-Jack steering wheel controls

I put the XM antenna in front of the rear spoiler (I need to seal between trunk spoiler it since it sticks up a little now, didn't want to crush the wire) and the nav I did double sided tape and put it on the front dash.

I did a backup camera in my other two vehicles and was thinking of doing it here but no real place to put it. The Kenwood unit has a rear connection for it. Then just t-connect the reverse on the Kenwood harness to the reverse wire going into the tail lights and it would go on whenever the car was put into reverse.

My son wants dvd headrests as I installed those on my other two vehicles (non-convertibles.) I'll probably do it. Whatever plays on the front dvd can be seen on the headrests. That's why I pay insurance so I can do things like put dvd headrests in a convertible :)

Again, I'm not a pro installer just a weekend warrior installer but it gets addictive once you do it to one vehicle.

And, just in case you were wondering, no amp or speaker upgrades. I'm more into the nav/video than I am audio. Just a personal preference. Plus people take up a ton of room in their trunk with those things. I would consider a speaker upgrade if it was too bad but I'm happy as is.

Also, I'm a Kenwood guy. All three of my installs I have done (all on my vehicles) have been Kenwood. I'm just used to them I guess.

I forgot to take pics of the bluetooth mic but it is clipped on to the driver's front pillar.

post-7464-143689108974_thumb.jpg

post-7464-143689108982_thumb.jpg

post-7464-143689108987_thumb.jpg

post-7464-143689108992_thumb.jpg

post-7464-143689108996_thumb.jpg

Edited by jojeeka

Looks really cool! I want to bet one of these for the Monte someday, but move it to the CD holder and then turn the original 1.5 DIN spot into a shelf/ cubby hole or something, or maybe a switch panel, or gauges???? :lol:

Looks really cool! I want to bet one of these for the Monte someday, but move it to the CD holder and then turn the original 1.5 DIN spot into a shelf/ cubby hole or something, or maybe a switch panel, or gauges???? :lol:

Sounds like a fun project you want to do. Have you done much with installs before?

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like a fun project you want to do. Have you done much with installs before?

Radio installs? Yes, a bunch. But doing custom stuff like you've done and what I want to do in my MC? No.