What's going on everybody. 93 Lumina Z34 here.

seanwil12

I have a 93 Lumina Z34 as a new Project Car. She isn't running so well and so I have turned to this forum for maybe some questions as to why. I let her sit for about 2 weeks and now she's not even starting. Just turning over. I'm going to take this time to check the Injectors and Intake Manifold to make sure it's all in proper working condition. I am also interested to see what else is going on with the luminas and w-bodies.

Names Sean. I'm 21. In college and have a full time job. Only time I ever have is when I have my weekends completely off. I would really like to get my Z34 going. It would mean so much to me as I absolutely love the car and it rides so nicely. I love cars, I'm a GM and a Mopar guy. I'm kind of a big geek as well so if you have any computer questions feel free to ask those!

Well it's pretty early so I may as well just call it a day and see if I can't get more sleep. Tell me whatcha think!

Sean

**Don't mind the mess** LOL

post-7589-14368910799_thumb.jpg

post-7589-143689107936_thumb.jpg

post-7589-143689107948_thumb.jpg

post-7589-143689107959_thumb.jpg

post-7589-143689107971_thumb.jpg

Well here are the things ive done and tested:

Replaced all the spark plugs coil packs and wires. Everything is sparking like it should.

Checked fuel pressure all is good there, fuel pressure is at a steady 45 PSI.

My next project is removing the intake manifold and replacing the gaskets and cleaning the inside of the manifolds with Carb & Choke cleaner to remove any carbon build up and replacing all the fuel injectors. I do believe the fuel injectors are to blame. If sitting for 2 weeks it will refuse to start for awhile and gradually come back to life and while idling the front 3 cylinders to not fire accordingly but under throttle they fire just fine. Which leads me to believe I have bad injectors. One can hope!

Well it runs, rather well once you have your foot on the gas pedal. but lately its been stalling, not restarting, and the power is just not there. I've driven it for a month. I have a new car now so this one is my project.

I have no idea what the shop did. The shop was a bunch of crooks who started replacing a bunch of shit to get money out of me. then told me I had bad compression and a bad head gasket and unplugged a spark plug wire, so who knows what they did LOL.. I checked to make sure all the wires and plugs were new, and the wires are all getting spark.

I would maybe find a shop that can tune obd1? doubt they were capable of it. I used to take my cars to a shop with tons of diagnostics machines worth thousands of dollars, but come to think of it, they never offered the service of tuning my chip, even if they could of diagnosed my cars problem properly with the snap on scanner and were able to make proper decisions for chip changes for me. but I doubt it. they are set up to make the car perform -as it should- but is your car as it was new? is the fuel the same fuel we burned in the car back in 93?

even the top dyno tuning shops in town here you would expect to be able to help will not touch obd1 GM cars. just hondas mainly and other imports. the dealership sure as hell will not be able to fix my car by burning a chip for me. I got my first ripoff shop back in 2001 the week I got my first obd1 car, my 1990 TGP I took in to this shop that charged me $300 for a new ecm, and FIXED my car! YAY I was SOOOO happy.

then shortly after I bought the Top Gun chip and crossover off the internet. even then, that was no longer enough after a few years. you got to have your own tuning equipment basically otherwise your car will probably surge and crap all the time I bet.

that 1990 TGP is pretty f'in sexy. I thought about picking up a ecm from the Junkyard and seeing if it'd change anything. I find it wierd that it takes so much for my Check Engine light to come on. I literally have to unplug 2 spark plug wires in order for it to turn on. 1 won't do it lol

My car is msising at idle, so the RPM's are always low, but maybe that's what it was... I think these computers were pretty basic for their time. I have a 2002 Neon and the f'in Check Engine light comes on when the gas cap is lose lol

Looks like a nice starting point you have there! Has the timing belt ever been done on it? I can't wait to see where this project leads! Welcome to the forum sir!