Rear convertible window weather stripping

94 olds vert

I used a ban saw I had. I cut it bigger then trimmed it with scizors to get a clean edge.

If you have other questions please ask.

Can a dremel be used in lieu of the band saw? I need to do this one day... of course this means getting the sweeps off of a 4th gen but it's on the list of things to do lol

• 4 months later...

Got around to installing mine today and found that these F body swipes are much shorter in height leaving a bit more window exposed which is no big deal. Of more concern, I have a decent gap between the swipe and window - I think since these are shorter there is not enough material to make it from the point where it rivets to the car to the window. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? Thanks, Ron

Unless you shave off the lip that rests on top of the metal flange that it rivets to I don't think you can get it too low. It seems that you have to set the rubber lip on the flange to get the plastic trim to fit well. I think mine were maybe 1/8" shorter than stock was all. I tapped the backside of the sweep with a small hammer to curve the sweep slightly to ensure contact with the window.

• 1 year later...

Rich, I don't think those are the ones...you're looking for door sweeps from a 4th gen Camaro.  those are listed as rear strips for a convertible, and I don't think that would be the same thing.

6 F-bodies at the yard, if i cannot find good donor parts I`ll order that sweep set, thanks guys :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

There are pictures on the be first page of this thread with the Camaro ones installed. If you want current pictures I can get those too. These gave held up very well.

They use words like felts and these so I`m assuming that price is for a pair. Hoping so, I`m going to order a set here soon.

For long term I think I`m going to use some hardware to mount them so at a later time I can remove and clean them better.

Edit: Hey check that seller out on ebay, they have all sorts of stuff for sale for GM cars

Edited by rich_e777

• 3 years later...
On 7/5/2016 at 2:12 PM, 94 olds vert said:

These, get these lol

I see that the Camaro weather strips are specific to the driver and passenger doors.  Your one post stated that you cut off from the pillar edge while leaving the back of the original end.  I assume that means that it is important to purchase the Camaro drivers side for the Olds driver side and the same for the passenger side applications. Am I correct?  Also, is there a quality difference between Camaro Central and 1A Auto?   Thanks, Jonathan

Camaro Central (pair) $69.95

1A Auto (pair) $99.95

1A Auto (individual sides) $64.95

9A550444-8180-49B7-A0F7-5DC4981214BF.jpeg

85BEC6DA-0AB5-4B14-9307-F980B4A4E678.jpeg

50DCBEE7-C226-44D8-B71D-08D45904909E.jpeg

02EE1D93-D33A-4FB9-ADD8-4BB42D762E81.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 94 olds vert said:

Yes, driver side for driver side and the passenger side for the passenger side. These hold up much better than the original rubber gm used. 

Thank you for the fast reply!!!  Do you know of any quality differences between the two vendors?    The price difference makes me wonder. 

3 hours ago, 94 olds vert said:

Oem is the best. I would look at a local scrap yard to find these parts. I would think all after market parts are the same. 

Ok. Thank you very much for your helpful and speedy replies. I really appreciate it.  

• 3 years later...

Please consider this reply as a valiant effort to keep this thread alive and kicking.  So many tutorials I’ve tried to access from this site have vanished into the interweb abyss, and I just want this one to survive so it’s here when I need it.  (I needed it yesteryear so hopefully can get this taken care of sooner than later)