electric cooling fans

imhottt1971

can someone help me with diagnostics my passenger side fan is not on just drivers side it is 107 degrees in las vegas a/c on only drivers side fan spins thank you

Some information about the car would be helpful.

Generally, your second fan will ONLY come on when the coolant temperature is extremely high. I don't know exactly how high, but the temperature 235*F sounds familiar. Consider yourself lucky that the one fan is enough to keep the coolant temp in normal range.

Now, if the car is actually overheating (Into the red zone on the temp gauge) you may have another issue.

1995 olds cutlass convertible 3.4 and the temp is over 235 with air on fan did not come on just the drivers side i was wondering how to test it

Generally, your second fan will ONLY come on when the coolant temperature is extremely high. I don't know exactly how high, but the temperature 235*F sounds familiar. Consider yourself lucky that the one fan is enough to keep the coolant temp in normal range.

Now, if the car is actually overheating (Into the red zone on the temp gauge) you may have another issue.