CHEAP Tubular Trailing arms Dorman 905-501

wickedbuick

I don't know if this is already known but I searched the forum and didn't see any threads on it. I found some stock replacement tubular trailing arms for $15.95 on summit racing!!!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-905-501/

Seems to be correct part and maybe a better replacement than the stock pieces???? I think I'll be getting these when I replace the driver knuckle that is trashed on my car :roll: Anyway, I hope this is a good find if everyone didn't already know about them!!!!

-Deia

Dorman used to be a reputable company. Now, I think most if not all of their product line is Communist Chinese.

First Guess: there's a reason the price is right.

I might have to try these out.

I spent three years sourcing product for resale from china importing it to the usa, becuase its made there does not mean its total junk. I have used a variety of these products in direct comparison with domestically produced goods and in many cases there was little difference. But in some cases they definitly do make total junk lol. Worth checking out.

those are the same ones they sell on rockauto; i have them on my car. they are like a squarish tube, and certainly seem stronger than the flimsy stock ones

DSC04118.jpg

Dorman used to be a reputable company. Now, I think most if not all of their product line is Communist Chinese.

First Guess: there's a reason the price is right.

Dude I don't wanna be a buzzkill but damn near everything comes from China, Kinda hard to avoid.

I have them on my 90' GP the work out fine, price is right too. Beats the U channel crap that came stock on these cars.

They're smaller than my GMPP's but they're definately better than the stamped Uchannel bullshit. For 40 bucks I'd say go for it. Or snag a set of GMPPs for 50 like I did

GMPP no longer makes those. At least when I tried to get a set they told me that.

The dorman arms are a great alternative and are better than stock. Especially if your stockers have been weakened due to rust.

$60???? lmao I like your work but this seemed like a decent "stock" replacement. Just an "in between" until we can step up to yours :thumbsup:

No doubt. I slapped these on psycomatts gtp. They work fine. He is running my suspension arms sans the trailing arms cause i havent made a set yet outside of Jareks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If you upgrade trailing arms, you might as well upgrade lateral links? Gen 2 lateral's can be used if I remember too.?

Only if you run coilovers. They kick the spindles out about a half inch per side IIRC?

...Unless you were to get two sets of the adjustable ones? That might work...thoughts?

Only if you run coilovers. They kick the spindles out about a half inch per side IIRC?

...Unless you were to get two sets of the adjustable ones? That might work...thoughts?

Not exactly. Takeing the adjustable gen 2 arms cannot be simply adjusted down enough for the gen 1 front mount arm. You have to cut the adjuster and some threads off the arm to make it short enough. I have done it and verified it. However you can take the adjustable gen 2 arm and install it in place of the gen1 rear mount arm no problems. You just simply adjust it down.

I might add, cutting the gen2 adjustable arm down to fit in the front mount arm of a gen 1 i do not feel it engages enough threads and i wouldnt consider it to be safe.

I installed a new set of gen 2 lats on the cutlass, front arms are not adjustable and the rear are and everything fit fine didnt notice the half inch over the stock though. This is with coilovers.

I make custom lateral arms to any needs.. Not cheap though.

What exactly are you looking for and expecting to see outta of replacement or non stock parts?

The ones i bought were from rock auto.

Mine as well.

Random/slightly on topic (okay, not really, but whatever) : Anyone ever thought about figuring out poly bushings for the Dorman arms?