Boost Solenoid

92EuroScott

I went through like 3 of those before I found a good one. quick, dirty solution is to just disconnect the lower vacuum line from the BCV and let the cars own vacuum run it, the one you posted at least looks right, I'd be able to say better if i had one in front of me.

Wont doing that throw a light? I thought it had to stay hooked up to not wind up in limp mode? I hate having an electric solenoid inline with my bypass valve.

The one you listed is the one you need, that is also a good price... they also have them on RockAuto, but they cost $50+shipping.

Also... GM used the same boost solenoid on the supercharged 3800's.

Wont doing that throw a light? I thought it had to stay hooked up to not wind up in limp mode? I hate having an electric solenoid inline with my bypass valve.

Will not set any codes if you unhook the vacuum line only as White93z34 said.

I have a supercharged 3800. I just wanted to make sure I found the right part. I heard I could bypass it but would rather just fix it. Also, I couldn't find anything on rockauto or any parts store sites. I went to Oreilly's today and he had to call the dealership. He was able to find me one for $45 and gave me a part number in case I wanted to look around. The part number he gave me was 1997244.

Just do what White93z34 said and unhook it. It's not really need anyway. It's only for reverse and wheel spin to limit boost, and your engine will operate just fine without it. I did this to my top-swapped Monte as it was junk and I didn't want to buy a new one, and didn't see the need for it.

If I bought one it would be the amazon one. So unhooking it from just the vacuum house I already took off? Not the connector that runs to the PCM?

Edit: I usually drive with traction off, so the wheel spin thing wont cause an issue.

Edited by 92EuroScott