UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

I would have loved to have had 2 Ciera wagons I have seen around town...1 was a 1990 XC Special Edition in white...1 of 20 XC wagons in white and the other was a 1992 with the Sport package and FE3 suspension...Either one would get a lot of bits from a Mexican Cutlass Eurosport including a 5 speed.

6 hours ago, jimmyfloyd said:

yeah, 53 minutes left and it's at $200. And they list a Want it Now for $2000. 

looks like they both are still available. THe wagon, no one has bid on it.  Current  bid on the convertible is 200, but has alot of time left.  

19 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

I would have loved to have had 2 Ciera wagons I have seen around town...1 was a 1990 XC Special Edition in white...1 of 20 XC wagons in white and the other was a 1992 with the Sport package and FE3 suspension...Either one would get a lot of bits from a Mexican Cutlass Eurosport including a 5 speed.

XC Ciera wagon? really? that would be awesome. Didn't think they made any

1 hour ago, Addicted To Boost said:

Jay, where are these?  A lot of them look to be southern cars... I'm on the lookout for parts for mine, but there are never any 88-93 GPs local to me.

I honestly have no idea where they went to Nick. Have you been looking on Row52.com and car-part.com? Our local yard just crushed that 1990 TGP, only thing I was able to save were the 98% mint floor mats.

I just died a lot inside seeing these.  Those rims on the burgundy interior car is actually one of my favorites!

Low mileage cars too, damn.  At least I know how my STE will take a rear hit...I don't want to find out though.  I'm pretty sure I'll wind up either in jail or the hospital or both.  If my W's do get into an accident, I will fix them no matter how bad they get bent up.  A donor body shell if I have too.

A 5 speed GP coupe, Jesus!

7 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

I gave @jiggity76 those numbers, with and without floor shift. Let's see if he still has them, if not I can look them up again.

Yup, I still do.  I will pass them on later tonite.

22 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

I just died a lot inside seeing these.  Those rims on the burgundy interior car is actually one of my favorites!

Low mileage cars too, damn.  At least I know how my STE will take a rear hit...I don't want to find out though.  I'm pretty sure I'll wind up either in jail or the hospital or both.  If my W's do get into an accident, I will fix them no matter how bad they get bent up.  A donor body shell if I have too.

A 5 speed GP coupe, Jesus!

This is why my W`s are still in the driveway even if they arent the rare optioned ones. I think this thread and trips to the JY is the place I find the motivation to keep working on em.

#NotMyJYCar, eh I just did a hashtag but haz no regerts.

12 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

I'll post or pm them to you tonite.

Post please, inquiring minds want to know, I thought they got the 3800 instead so I`m sort of wondering myself ATM.

26 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

Post please, inquiring minds want to know, I thought they got the 3800 instead so I`m sort of wondering myself ATM.

Iirc they got the lq1 until about halfway through 1997.

58 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

30 minutes ago, Amanita said:

Iirc they got the lq1 until about halfway through 1997.

Ok guys, here's the numbers on the LQ1 Lumina production.  Give props to Jay, he's the best and without him, we wouldn't have this info.  I was surprised to see the high numbers on these LQ1 cars.  Maybe they were clearing out their parts bins before the 3800 dropped?

15,988 1995 LQ1 Lumina's made.  6% of total production.  5232 of those had the column shifter.

2,054 1996 LQ1 Lumina's made.  1.6% of total production.  2 of those had the column shifter.  Pretty rare for the 1996 model year.

1 minute ago, jiggity76 said:

Ok guys, here's the numbers on the LQ1 Lumina production.  Give props to Jay, he's the best and without him, we wouldn't have this info.  I was surprised to see the high numbers on these LQ1 cars.  Maybe they were clearing out their parts bins before the 3800 dropped? 

15,988 1995 LQ1 Lumina's made.  6% of total production.  5232 of those had the column shifter.

2,054 1996 LQ1 Lumina's made.  1.6% of total production.  2 of those had the column shifter.  Pretty rare for the 1996 model year. 

Didn't we find out through some convoluted way that there were 7 or so lq1 luminas produced in '97?