UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

1G3WH52X3VF300002 - An odd combo of Med. Sandrift Met./Blue cloth. Sunroof, Canadian car. Carf@x shows 3 records.
1G3WH52X5VF300003 - Bright Red/Graphite leather. Engine block heater but no KmH speedo like the other two LQ1 cars. Carf@x showing 2 records.
1G3WH12X6VF300004 - Med. Adriatic Blue/Blue cloth, Canadian car. Carf@x is showing 5 records.

8 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

I think I had the VINs at one time, I will have to look, they might have been on an old hdd that crashed and I lost a LOT that time.

Hey, I tried to tag you on FB, someone had posted an oddball Regal in Underappreciated Survivors with those plain-ass wheelcovers we were discussing a few weeks ago.

Yup, I saw it and responded about it, that light blue super low mileage car.  A lot of people didn't like the fact it was a 2.8 car or the hubcaps but I absolutely love it just the way it is.  You know me, I'm all about 100% stock with these cars and that is a real beauty!  I remember seeing those hubcaps now as soon as I saw the pic.

7 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

1G3WH52X3VF300002 - An odd combo of Med. Sandrift Met./Blue cloth. Sunroof, Canadian car. Carf@x shows 3 records.
1G3WH52X5VF300003 - Bright Red/Graphite leather. Engine block heater but no KmH speedo like the other two LQ1 cars. Carf@x showing 2 records.
1G3WH12X6VF300004 - Med. Adriatic Blue/Blue cloth, Canadian car. Carf@x is showing 5 records.

Oh my Lord!  Those VIN are very similar and all Canadian cars then?  That's so cool Jay!  Thank you and now I REALLY, REALLY would love to find one.  I hope they still survived and didn't get scrapped or something, that would be terrible.

So these cars were built right after one another on the assembly line at the same period of time?

I also posted that blue 90 Regal Custom car with the 3800, the 1 of 54 car on FB.

Edited by jiggity76

9 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

Dang!  Are you able to see the actual Carfax records, or only how many records are associated with each car?  Obviously it would be good to know when they were last registered.  Unfortunately, with such a small number of records for each car, I'm doubting they are still on the road.  Worst case, razor blades.  Best case, in a collection.  

4 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

So these cars were built right after one another on the assembly line at the same period of time?

I also posted that blue 90 Regal Custom car with the 3800, the 1 of 54 car on FB.

Probably left-over LQ1s that were brought to the line to be put in '96 cars and were never meant to go in the '97s.

15 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

Interesting.  The first two are sedans (VIN's 6th character = 5).  The last one is a coupe (VIN's 6th character = 1)

Looks like they were all base (S) models too (VIN's 5th character = H)

Edited by MemphisMan

8 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

Oh my Lord!  Those VIN are very similar and all Canadian cars then?  That's so cool Jay!  Thank you and now I REALLY, REALLY would love to find one.  I hope they still survived and didn't get scrapped or something, that would be terrible.

8 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

Correct. The one sedan was just a northern car, it got the MPH speedo.

4 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

Dang!  Are you able to see the actual Carfax records, or only how many records are associated with each car?  Obviously it would be good to know when they were last registered.  Unfortunately, with such a small number of records for each car, I'm doubting they are still on the road.  Worst case, razor blades.  Best case, in a collection.  

Just how many records, I don't have an account.

4 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

Probably left-over LQ1s that were brought to the line to be put in '96 cars and were never meant to go in the '97s.

They were pre-production cars.

7 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

Interesting.  The first two are sedans (VIN's 6th character = 5).  The last one is a coupe (VIN's 6th character = 1)

Correct, 2 sedans and 1 coupe got the LQ1.

I'd really like to see the Sandrift/blue sedan, I bet that was a striking combo.

Edited by ManicMechanic

26 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

I'd really like to see the Sandrift/blue sedan, I bet that was a striking combo.

Manic, I don't know how the pre-production designation normally works.  Is it probable that these 3 cars, being pre-production, were never sold to the public and have long since been destroyed?  

And ditto on the Sandrift/blue sedan...of the 3, that's the one I'd want.

5 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

God, I hope they did go in a collection.

52 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

Looks like they were all base (S) models too (VIN's 5th character = H)

I didn't know that, very good catch and I learned something about VIN's today!

45 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

I really love a matching interior color.  Some people think it's too much red or blue but I really love matching interiors.  As much as I love my International, if it was Garnet Red inside and out, I would love it even more!

4 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

After 1991, all S and SLs had H in the VIN.

WH - 1988-1991 S; 1992-97 S & SL

WS - 1988-1991 SL

WR - 1988-1993 International

WT - 1990-1995 convertible

Thanks Manic, very helpful.