UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

2 minutes ago, Imp558 said:

That coupe makes me sad and angry at the same time. I'd like to have a loaded black/black leather Cutlass coupe one day.

I know.  Could you imagine how gorgeous that car was when it was new, sitting in a showroom or something?  Now look at it, ridiculous!

I guess your right, never thought of that but it's very disheartening.  I'm sure a lot of them have been saved but it still hurts when the ones like this are meeting their end.

The Des Moines Wrench N Go has had a lot of rare cars, not just W's and I know they don't advertise nationwide so your definitely right about that.

Edited by jiggity76

On 2/17/2019 at 8:03 AM, jiggity76 said:

I can't take seeing these rare ones getting scrapped!  Jesus!  How many more are left?  It probably had factory CD player too!  A California car.  So California kills off a lot of their rust free inventory due to emissions I'm guessing.  I'm REALLY GLAD I saved my CA STE then.  Do we have any contacts in this area?  Someone really needs to save these rare parts at least.  I plan on doing some junkyarding when I'm out there this spring.

It's hard to be sure from the pictures but those tan AQ9s look to be in decent shape.  Gotta be some TGP guys who need them.

20 minutes ago, Dark Ride said:

It's hard to be sure from the pictures but those tan AQ9s look to be in decent shape.  Gotta be some TGP guys who need them.

I've tried to get some parts from it but no one at that yard knows anything about it.  I just looked and can't see it even being available.  Someone needs to at least get those rare parts from it.  What a shame.  I tried awhile back too on that greenish blue 93 LQ1 STE but no luck.  On Ebay, noticed this just now.  An 88 I'm guessing International 5 speed coupe!  I'm inquiring about the seat controls and some other pieces.  I hope to hear back from them.  I noticed that it has manual windows, weird!

If they junked it because of the minor front end damage then that's ridiculous!

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, jiggity76 said:

I parked next to the really clean white one.  I didn't see any rust!

zWs0TV.jpg

I sure could use that skinny quarter moulding just above the rear bumper cover.

46 minutes ago, 1 of 996 said:

I sure could use that skinny quarter moulding just above the rear bumper cover.

Not available.  That car wasn't there the last time I was there recently.  Either it has sold or the owner is storing it in one of their buildings.  They let people store vehicles either outside or inside for a monthly fee.  I'm just glad it didn't get parted or scrapped.

2 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

I've tried to get some parts from it but no one at that yard knows anything about it.  I just looked and can't see it even being available.  Someone needs to at least get those rare parts from it.  What a shame.  I tried awhile back too on that greenish blue 93 LQ1 STE but no luck.  On Ebay, noticed this just now.  An 88 I'm guessing International 5 speed coupe!  I'm inquiring about the seat controls and some other pieces.  I hope to hear back from them.  I noticed that it has manual windows, weird!

If they junked it because of the minor front end damage then that's ridiculous!s-l1600.jpg

An International with MANUAL windows!

3 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

An International with MANUAL windows!

I was hoping you would see it!  Bummer huh.  Hopefully I hear back from them about the seat controls and some other little things.  An 88 car right?  I figured it was due to the crosslaces and the International badge mounted to the left of the cluster.

Just now, ManicMechanic said:

Yes, it's an '88. Car has been repainted, the emblems are in the wrong place.

Oh yeah, good eye.  Rare one?

2 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

Definitely with the manual windows. I know you could get manual windows for a credit, but not many opted for it.

At first, I was looking for any good parts I could use, then I noticed the 5 speed, then the window cranks. 

This 40th Anniversary sedan has been moved from the back lot into the for sale section thank goodness.  Hopefully someone will get it and give it some love, I was worried it was going into the yard.  Super solid body considering it's a Midwest car, has 197,000 on it and the interior was pretty clean.  I hope it goes to a good home.

wgeyvH.jpgx68gS6.jpg1m7JVZ.jpg

A CS sedan meeting it's end.  I peaked inside real quick and it had a perfect dash pad, graphite bench seat cloth car.  The front loader quickly came by soon after and put it in the crusher.

ociqKc.jpg

I took a quick pic of this Bonneville SSEi car in the uncommon Blue Ice Metallic paint, getting ready to be processed.  I didn't want to watch it so I quickly walked away after the pic but I could hear the metal crunching.

MtzpXn.jpg

2 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

1234-16502-8070683.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1234-16502-8070652.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1234-16502-8070630.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&

Just came in the local Austin LKQ.

Damn!  It's a black one too!  It makes it a little better that it's not fully loaded and not a black interior car but still just Damn it!  Seeing a lot of 94-96 LQ1 coupes getting scrapped over the last year or so, really sucks.

1 hour ago, jiggity76 said:

Damn!  It's a black one too!  It makes it a little better that it's not fully loaded and not a black interior car but still just Damn it!  Seeing a lot of 94-96 LQ1 coupes getting scrapped over the last year or so, really sucks.

Yeah, it's a 1996, last year for the LQ1 in the Cutlass.

7 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

Yeah, it's a 1996, last year for the LQ1 in the Cutlass.

I still look for one of the three LQ1 97 cars but of course you would have heard from me by now if I found one!

37 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

I still look for one of the three LQ1 97 cars but of course you would have heard from me by now if I found one!

I think I had the VINs at one time, I will have to look, they might have been on an old hdd that crashed and I lost a LOT that time.

Hey, I tried to tag you on FB, someone had posted an oddball Regal in Underappreciated Survivors with those plain-ass wheelcovers we were discussing a few weeks ago.