UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

50 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

be9495a2-0b1b-46c9-a3a5-88ec74964c96.JPG

PICK-n-PULL Stockton
Stockton, California 95205

I just died a little inside.  But, I would love to have ALOT of stuff off of this car if it's going to meet it's end in a yard.

Fully loaded too?

Edited by jiggity76

14 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

Has HUD but cassette. At least it isn't the 1 5 speed made.

It does have the rare beige leather though.

If anyone is in that area, I would love to get some stuff from that car.

20 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

As I've seen with a lot of 1994 LQ1s, it's a bit of an oddball. Leather but no ECC, base cassette and relatively few other options.

That's what MemphisMan and I were thinking too!  It's got the LQ1 and leather but no other upgraded options.  I love that it's black too!  Wouldn't it be crazy if it had cloth, the LQ1, base climate control and cassette player with HUD!  Or like manual windows/locks, the LQ1, and a bench seat with moonroof or some weird combo like that!  Of course, I wouldn't want to see a car like that sitting in a scrap yard.

20 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

That's what MemphisMan and I were thinking too!  It's got the LQ1 and leather but no other upgraded options.  I love that it's black too!  Wouldn't it be crazy if it had cloth, the LQ1, base climate control and cassette player with HUD!  Or like manual windows/locks, the LQ1, and a bench seat with moonroof or some weird combo like that!  Of course, I wouldn't want to see a car like that sitting in a scrap yard.

I think power windows/locks was standard by 1994.

I did once see a 1993 International coupe with aftermarket power windows as it had manual windows originally. Canadian car though, so they are optioned a little weird as it is.

Only the 1995-96 Lumina got the bench seat with the LQ1.

Edited by ManicMechanic

I can't believe someone scrapped this poor International!  Someone also switched out the pies for these ugly aftermarket rims, really!

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/1G3WR11T7LD410046

Makes me angry someone scrapped this!  A 3800 car in maroon, ridiculous!

1990 Buick Regal

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/2G4WB14L9L1438972

I didn't take pics of a couple of red CS sedans, one was a 97 bench seat column shift grey cloth car and the other was a 95 car with black leather, ECC, SWRC's, and cassette/CD combo.  Both were 3.1 cars.  Really bad shape overall, both of them but I did see a 93 maroon LE GP sedan with maroon cloth bench seat.  I also spotted these at another yard and was pleasantly surprised.  Not much else to report though.

I parked next to the really clean white one.  I didn't see any rust!

ZYHDFt.jpgzWs0TV.jpgYR4whx.jpgwGZNLT.jpgN8kaju.jpg

So I tallied up what I seen today.

2 95-97 CS sedans.

3 93-96 GP sedans.

1 Anniversary Edition GP sedan.

1 93 CS coupe.

1 97 CS coupe.

That's a lot for my area.  Too bad most of them were junked.

1 minute ago, ManicMechanic said:

You needed one? Dammit, I tossed 2 of them.

My drink sits where the coin holder goes for now.  I'll take one if you ever run across another please.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, ManicMechanic said:

1261-85434-7503232.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1261-85434-7503243.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1261-85434-7503249.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&

The fact that the HUD tab isn't broken surprised me.

LKQ Wilmington, Ca.

I can't take seeing these rare ones getting scrapped!  Jesus!  How many more are left?  It probably had factory CD player too!  A California car.  So California kills off a lot of their rust free inventory due to emissions I'm guessing.  I'm REALLY GLAD I saved my CA STE then.  Do we have any contacts in this area?  Someone really needs to save these rare parts at least.  I plan on doing some junkyarding when I'm out there this spring.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, ManicMechanic said:

Another LQ1 car at Wilmington, a super rare 1993 International coupe.

1261-85664-7534621.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1261-85664-7534624.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1261-85664-7534636.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&

I feel horrible now.  Not only is this getting scrapped but look at the condition it's in, what the hell happened to this car?  Wrong rims on it and it's just beat to hell, this is when I really hate people.  Looks like it has everything except moonroof and all those parts now will probably get destroyed. 

Another thing I don't get, someone saved the tail lights and spoiler but why didn't they grab the seats, HUD, or CD player?  Such a waste if it's going to give up it's life.  Front end is sitting a little high so at least maybe someone grabbed the drivetrain at least?