UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

39 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

What kind do you need?  Leather covered or bare?

Leather covered.  Mine is pretty worn, I looked at the one on the 90 Toronado while I was getting those parts, it was just as bad.

1 minute ago, jiggity76 said:

Leather covered.  Mine is pretty worn, I looked at the one on the 90 Toronado while I was getting those parts, it was just as bad.

Wish I would've known.  I would've gladly swapped you the one from my vert (which was perfect) with the one from your International.  I've since SEM painted my shifter black to go with the rest of the theme I've got going in there.  I could've just as easily painted yours to use in my vert. 

3 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

Wish I would've known.  I would've gladly swapped you the one from my vert (which was perfect) with the one from your International.  I've since SEM painted my shifter black to go with the rest of the theme I've got going in there.  I could've just as easily painted yours to use in my vert. 

No biggie, I'm just going to keep looking.  That's part of the fun!  Manic told me that they used the same shifter for a few different models so that should help my chances of finding a good one.  I looked up the part # in my catalog but of course finding an NOS is probably not going to happen.  By the way, I found this GP coupe on CL, Florida car for only $300 bucks!  Anyway, if you look, the passenger side door handle trim piece looks a lot like the Regal's so I don't think these would work either for the Cutlass.

00e0e_lCYM8KQTEB5_1200x900.jpg

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/d/tallahassee-grand-prix/6768513570.html

7 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

No biggie, I'm just going to keep looking.  That's part of the fun!  Manic told me that they used the same shifter for a few different models so that should help my chances of finding a good one.  I looked up the part # in my catalog but of course finding an NOS is probably not going to happen.  By the way, I found this GP coupe on CL, Florida car for only $300 bucks!  Anyway, if you look, the passenger side door handle trim piece looks a lot like the Regal's so I don't think these would work either for the Cutlass.

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/d/tallahassee-grand-prix/6768513570.html

Yeah, I knew the GP piece was thinner, but not sure if the GP roof line would necessitate the piece being shorter than the CS.  

9 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

The displays in the compass mirrors are colored by a colored piece of plastic that sticks to the display.  Manic sold me the mirror in my vert, which originally came from an 02-05 Sebring, with an amber display.  He replaced the amber plastic with green plastic before he sent it to me.  If you could find a translucent red piece of plastic...

They make translucent red, amber and clear flexible plastic sheets with the idea of a temp fix for busted tail lights, the red piece would be perfect for that project.

44 minutes ago, no1kicker said:

Here is a link with more pictures of the black Sunbird above.  The date on the page is 11/07/2017 so I wonder if it is still there.

http://www.nsautorecycling.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=17719

Thank you!  I couldn't get any good pics and links to that so I appreciate it!

My junkyard run today.  Didn't find a good shifter for the International so the hunt continues.

I haven't seen very many yellow SS Monte's.

comnri.jpgsmFnDm.jpgTow94N.jpgd4QtYN.jpgt17cBU.jpgz3GP6U.jpg

Black Fleetwood.  Gorgeous car and very expensive I'm sure when new.  Love the digital gauges on these cars and a great example of how factory roof treatments make a car look great, not like the aftermarket BS vinyl treatments that people actually pay money to poorly emulate this.

kRF4kV.jpg4ShqCA.jpgLmiTE6.jpgxpr2TV.jpgcBLAFr.jpgP80CaY.jpgbyWLMX.jpglHgMEm.jpgdoY9xW.jpgTtRoaU.jpg1I8p4v.jpgfWikhm.jpgAU1vfH.jpgPgTX6u.jpgH6vq5I.jpg9EfEVf.jpgxaRwHf.jpgIJHXpm.jpgnoIepp.jpgaBMy8r.jpgrCvmRl.jpg2FQ0gy.jpgbBRL9w.jpgl9rmuI.jpgNRvSI3.jpg

If you go back, get me that CD Player out of the Caddy?

I'm interested in all CD Players from 88-96 GM cars that are the older style (so only up to 93 in the bonnevilles and GP, but up to 96 in the S10/blazer/jimmy/bravada/Astro)

8 hours ago, jimmyfloyd said:

If you go back, get me that CD Player out of the Caddy?

I'm interested in all CD Players from 88-96 GM cars that are the older style (so only up to 93 in the bonnevilles and GP, but up to 96 in the S10/blazer/jimmy/bravada/Astro)

Ok, will do. 

Those are rare. I nabbed an EQ unit from a 1993 Roadmaster a couple of weeks ago for $20. Sold it last night for $300 and that was a bargain, I've seen them go for $500 because they were also used in the Typhoon and Sonoma GT. People also like them for their GNs and Syclones.

Edited by ManicMechanic

Theres always tons of Cadillacs in the JY from the mid 90`s to about 05-06. Would make finding parts and keeping up a really nice car alot easier. I`d love just about any of them save for a Catera or Escalade. That Fleetwood...Poor thing.

1 hour ago, ManicMechanic said:

Those are rare. I nabbed an EQ unit from a 1993 Roadmaster a couple of weeks ago for $20. Sold it last night for $300 and that was a bargain, I've seen them go for $500 because they were also used in the Typhoon and Sonoma GT. People also like them for their GNs and Syclones.

Oh wow, maybe I should pull it for myself then!  It almost looked liked what the CS' used but I had to look close to see the differences.

56 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

Theres always tons of Cadillacs in the JY from the mid 90`s to about 05-06. Would make finding parts and keeping up a really nice car alot easier. I`d love just about any of them save for a Catera or Escalade. That Fleetwood...Poor thing.

I just noticed that it was a big black car with black leather, really sharp and I bet that thing was pricey and gorgeous when it was new.  Too bad it ended up here, super rusty underneath and everywhere else so the road salt got to it like everything else around here.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:39 PM, jiggity76 said:

Oh wow, maybe I should pull it for myself then!  It almost looked liked what the CS' used but I had to look close to see the differences.

If they are worth that much, I highly recommend it. 

I was looking to buy them as parts sources, or to clean and resell for full disclosure, but getting them working usually requires 3-10 hours, depending on what needs to be cleaned and how much work needs to go into them. And the most I've gotten was $250 from a Camaro one, cleaned and working. 

2 hours ago, jimmyfloyd said:

If they are worth that much, I highly recommend it. 

I was looking to buy them as parts sources, or to clean and resell for full disclosure, but getting them working usually requires 3-10 hours, depending on what needs to be cleaned and how much work needs to go into them. And the most I've gotten was $250 from a Camaro one, cleaned and working. 

I was just teasing!  I don't pull stuff usually unless I either own that car or plan on owning one.  I don't have a Caddy or plan on getting one.  If it's still there when I go back, I'll pull it for ya.