UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

3 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

1993 Cutlass Supreme only.

Yeah, that's strange.  The first newer W I've seen with it.  Why does this car have that?

Edited by jiggity76

3 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

1993 was the test bed for the 3100. It was in the Cutlass Supreme only.

See, I would never have known that if I didn't dig into this conversation with you!  I gotta say, I'm a little proud of myself that I noticed and passed your quiz.

Was 93 the first year for the SFI system then, was that part of the testing and 3.1 changes?

2 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

See, I would never have known that if I didn't dig into this conversation with you!  I gotta say, I'm a little proud of myself that I noticed and passed your quiz.

Was 93 the first year for the SFI system then, was that part of the testing and 3.1 changes?

It was. So that's why there's a 3100 with a round canister. :thumbsup:

I do this with my daughter all the time. Well known for just saying something like CCZ343S (first 7 digits of Bertha's VIN) or TKY147F (1977 GMC K10 with a 350) and telling her she needs to know these things, what if she comes across a truck with no front end and wants to know if it's a round eye or a square eye so to see if any parts will fit her '73. Or I will get her at a certain angle of a truck and ask her if it's a round eye or square eye. We're working on telling the differences in specific years too but these trucks are so old that they are a mish-mash of parts from several years so it may be a 1973 with a 1979 front end.

I enjoy learning for you and others on this forum!  There is a lot to learn but I'm usually pretty good about retaining automotive stuff.  I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know something or asking for help, that's for sure. 

I haven't really look at the VIN on the 87 GMC, I should.  I've learned a lot about the old squarebody's from tearing mine down and putting it back together again.  The biggest surprise is thinking the speedometer cable from the 87 GMC would work using the 91 Burb cluster.  Nope, the Burb has a VSS and that threw me way off!  That's probably the biggest thing I've had to deal with on it.  Another thing, the 87 2WD parts truck doesn't have the shock cut out on the inner fenders to clear the 4WD shock mount on the frame.  I had to notch it out to clear that area. 

That's too bad.  That Bonneville next to it looks nice too, I hate seeing that.  TyphoonKid lives in a salt free area too so those cars are probably not rusty at all.

Korey, if you can go back and look at those pin cup deals on the verts, a lot of vert owners are looking for good ones all the time.

Edited by jiggity76

26 minutes ago, jiggity76 said:

That's too bad.  That Bonneville next to it looks nice too, I hate seeing that.  TyphoonKid lives in a salt free area too so those cars are probably not rusty at all.

Korey, if you can go back and look at those pin cup deals on the verts, a lot of vert owners are looking for good ones all the time.

What is a pin cup? I did get the strut tower bar off of it will put it on one of my luminas 

2 hours ago, NCTyphoonKid said:

Some other cars at another yard

D07E886F-B949-4620-9294-33B3C3B280D4.jpeg

279D1DE0-1D44-4954-BE63-84E58B44DF2C.jpeg

F7C3BC5B-1EE5-4801-96E0-CF308C472022.jpeg

E1BEB3B2-B907-43F6-8697-CEC165D4F022.jpeg

I really like that maroon Lumina coupe, that's a beautiful color! 

Other guys can chime in here, it's the little plastic or rubber female end that's mounted on top of the windshield header where the chrome pin of the convertible top locks into.  I don't have a vert but that's the best description that I have.

Edited by jiggity76

On 11/19/2018 at 11:22 PM, ManicMechanic said:

1291-45009-6749896.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1291-45009-6749895.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&

I don't have access to see how many like this were made but if I were a betting man, it's 1 of a handful if not 1 of 1.

LKQ San Bernardino.

16 BAM/beige leather LQ1 sedans made in 1995. More than I thought but still super rare.

Yeah, Manic confirmed it as HUD, moonroof, and the LQ1 with cloth AQ9 seats but no factory CD player. 

Maybe it was this member, GTP091?  I helped him locate this 5 speed car a while back for tranny parts.  Car has been crushed by now I'm sure.  I'm going to PM him.  Thanks Steve.

9022aadd-b182-43dd-b61e-0eff7e536b61.JPG

http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/1G2WP11X0MF280324

Junkyard run today but not much for first gen stuff.  I did find this low mileage 88 Regal.

hS4Zs2.jpgq4XHSu.jpgWpWV07.jpgSPd64k.jpgf8oUjN.jpgFCKLux.jpgBwpZhY.jpg

And then there was this rare bird, an 89 SHO Taurus with it's original rims, moonroof, radio, and I think original mobile/cell phone!  Looks like it had a trunk mounted CD player controller or something.  You can tell it's been sitting outside in the weather for a very long time, super dirty and filled with dead bugs, mold, and leaves.  I can't remember if Ford offered automatics on these cars but this one is a 5 speed.

2uWJj5.jpgnzmpYw.jpghzS63u.jpgUS35gC.jpglBBurJ.jpgkacjMi.jpgUHVGzF.jpgwq8heR.jpg4BzczT.jpgk2YkA6.jpglaLc0W.jpg

2 minutes ago, ManicMechanic said:

Too bad it looks to have been in a flood, I bet that Ford CD changer is worth some coin now.

Do you think I should go back and get it?  I didn't look, don't know why but are they mounted in the trunk?