UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
pshojo

Junk Yard Thread, Never ending

7 hours ago, jimmyfloyd said:

I figured as much. I seem to remember you mentioning having one. 

Didn't you have a white TA back in the day? And a Bonneville? I feel like I might have sold you some parts way back in the day.

I have a black TA, and yes I had a white Bonneville.  I think you did come to my garage a long time ago.

7 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

1280-52891-6297122.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1280-52891-6297120.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&1280-52891-6297127.jpeg?w=800&mode=crop&

LKQ Ontario, Ca.

That sucks, what a beauty and an incredible color combo.  Doesn't look rusty and someone cared enough to protect the dash pad.  Beautiful dark interior color too.  Looks very complete with some good options but thankfully no HUD, that would have killed me, it's already bad enough it's getting scrapped.

Just got back from the yard down in Des Moines.  A lot of stuff has been crushed but I did find this 89 CS coupe.  A 2.8 car that was in pretty bad shape inside and out.  I couldn't really find anything I wanted or needed for myself or other members, bummer.  The interior was really gross and I didn't want to touch anything, plus it started to rain pretty hard. 

6sq5Xb.jpgdeH7r1.jpgbsCGaG.jpg7YnODB.jpg

1 hour ago, jiggity76 said:

Just got back from the yard down in Des Moines.  A lot of stuff has been crushed but I did find this 89 CS coupe.  A 2.8 car that was in pretty bad shape inside and out.  I couldn't really find anything I wanted or needed for myself or other members, bummer.  The interior was really gross and I didn't want to touch anything, plus it started to rain pretty hard. 

6sq5Xb.jpgdeH7r1.jpgbsCGaG.jpg7YnODB.jpg

sooo....what did you pull off the car for me?.......🙃

1 hour ago, 55trucker said:

sooo....what did you pull off the car for me?.......🙃

I'm still in need of a fuel pump relay cap,

the relay is mounted to the driver's side shock tower, the cap snaps into place, mine went *walk-about* a few months ago, can't find one up here, if anyone scouring a yard sees one still in the engine bay please pull it off for me & let me know what it will cost to slip it into a manilla envelope to send to me,

thx in advance

Wow, a manual car.  That sucks.  Are people even given us a chance at them or are they just dropping them off at the yards?  Again with the badges in the wrong place, I don't get it.

1 hour ago, jiggity76 said:

Wow, a manual car.  That sucks.  Are people even given us a chance at them or are they just dropping them off at the yards?  Again with the badges in the wrong place, I don't get it.

I watched a 1994 Roadmaster wagon get driven in to the local LKQ. They didn't want to hassle with selling it. LT1 car that needed cosmetics is all. Ran and drove great. Right to processing.

That's ridiculous! I don't get it. Must happen a lot though. There is a light blue 90ish Olds Cruiser wagon at the Wrench N Go processing area when I was down there last. It looked super solid, not rusty at all and everything looked great on it, probably will get crushed soon.

Edited by jiggity76